12

Most chapters will be in johns POV
———————-//——————————-
John

John and Peggy were halfway into Mulan when Peggy asked the dreaded question. "Hey," she said calmingly, draping her arm over John's shoulders, "what's goin' on?"

John shook his head. "It's nothing, I'm fine. I was just thinking about how much I miss my siblings. I haven't visited them in a while."

Peggy looked up at John suspiciously. "Are you sure that's all that is bothering you?" John nodded. "Okay, but just remember; Alex, me, Herc, Laff- we are all here for you. We love you."

John just smiled numbly. "Thank you Pegs." The two settled down and returned their focus to the movie, when a knock sounded at the door.

"I'll get iiit!!!" Peggy yelled as she stood up and skipped to the door. Peggy could always find ways to make John smile.

"Hey! Uh sorry to cut this short, but I have to get Alex ready for his 'big date' tonight. It's their one month anniversary, and Alex wants to go big."

"But it's only been a month," John scoffed, making his way to the door. He slouched when he saw Eliza and Alex kissing goodbye at the Schuyler's dorm, but decided to just ignore them.

Herc shrugged. "Again, the man said he wanted to go big. Let's just hope their big dates aren't a monthly thing, I'm a busy man. I can't always help Alex choose out a decent outfit!"

"What was that, Hercules whatever your middle name is Mulligan?" Alexander smirked, placing his hand on the bigger man's shoulder. Hercules just rolled his eyes in reply. Alex laughed. "Hey Johnny, how you doin'?" Alex asked, a hint of concern lacing his words.

John rolled his eyes. "One, don't call me Johnny, and two, I'm fine."

"Okay, whatever you say.... Johnny."

"I swear to god I will haul your ass back to your old dorm if you call me that again."

Alexander just giggled and pushed pass Peggy and John. Herc followed. A look of realization passed across Peggy's face. "Oh."

"Oh what?" John asked, confused.

Peggy shrugged. "I just remembered that Eliza wanted me to help her with shit. Like, for her date. So I got to go. Sorry. See ya' later?"

"Yeah," John grunted. He watched as Peggy walked back to her dorm. When she got inside her dorm, John decided he would go to the library. He really didn't want to be around anyone he knew at the moment, so what better place to wander off to than an abandoned library on a late Sunday afternoon?

John walked down the three flights of stairs and left the main dorm building, taking in a deep breath of the icy air. Even when the sun sat high in the grey sky, the air still somehow was able to be cold.

John took his time wandering to the library, getting distracted on the way. Eventually, he just got lost in the big campus and decided that he should just sit on a bench somewhere so he could clear his head. So that's what he did. He found a small park bench and sat down on it, digging his fingers in the icy wood to help soothe his nerves.

He was calm until he noticed something. He winced as he took his hand off of the old wood and saw blood dripping down his finger tip. "Shit," he mumbled as he used the sleeve of his thin black jacket to stop the bleeding.

I must've gotten a splinter or something, he decided. But he wasn't really worried about that. It was just a little blood, he'd be fine.

John noticed that the sun was setting. "What the... how long was I out here?" he asked no one in particular. He stood up from the bench and stumbled back in the direction that he had came from.