15

Alex

It started with a song. Just after one of his dates with Eliza. He plugged in his earbuds and prepared to continue his essay for the rest of the night. He was already twenty nine pages in. He couldn't stop now.

He decided to switch up his music, to get more creative energy. He clicked a random playlist and pressed shuffle. The first few songs where okay, nothing extraordinary. Then, the song started playing. The song that got Alex into this mess.

"Oh Hannah," those were the first two words. Alex loved the song immediately. Then it happened. "I don't want to be your friend, I wanna kiss your lips."

That was all it took.

Images of him and John kissing flashed through his mind. It wouldn't stop. He ceased his typing, his mind being lost in this jumble of images. "I don't want to be your friend I wanna be your bitch."

Alex whimpered.

"I wanna touch you but not like this."

Suddenly Alexander craved Johns touch.

"The look in your eyes, my hand between your thighs."

His breathing grew heavy and he had to pause the music. "Hey Alex, are you okay?" John asked, peeking his head over the railing to look down at Alex. Alexander look into John's forest green eyes.

"I'm.. I'm fine," he breathed, looking back down at his laptop.

"Okie dokie," John smiled, crawling back up his bunk. Alex shivered at the thought of Johns voice. What the fuck was going on?

Alexander became obsessed with the band, girl in red. He also became obsessed with the thought of John Laurens. He longed to hold his hand, he craved the feeling of his fingers pulling though his hair. He just wanted him.

So when John walked through the bathroom door with only a towel that was wrapped low around his waist, Alexander almost puked.

Alex was just peacefully working on his paper and drinking his Reynolds Coffee. He heard the door open, looked up for one second and his heart leaped out of his chest.

The iced coffee gathered up in his throat. He coughed and choked, coffee dribbling down his chin and onto his shirt. He tried his best to wipe it off. "Are you okay?" John asked, face red with the effort it took to keep in his laugh.

"Fu.. fuck you.." Alexander managed to gasp out. He continued coughing while John walked over to the dresser to get clothes, booping Alex's nose as he walked by. Alex just glared at the man.

"Please don't change in front of us," groaned Hercules.

"Pffft, you would like it if I did."

"I wouldn't mind that," Alex sighed in a whisper.

"What was that?"

"Hm?" Alexander looked up at John, trying his best not to show the nervousness that filled his body.

"What was it you just said? We couldn't hear."

Alex cleared his throat. "Just talking to myself about this essay I have due," Alex lied.

"Oh," John whispered. Alex noticed that Johns whole mood had changed, but decided not to bring that up. John scooped up his clothes and walked back to the bathroom. His towel hung so low that Alexander was able to see his V line.

Alex bit his lip so hard it started to bleed. As soon as John closed the door, Lafayette began to investigate Alexander. "Your bleeding."

Alex licked at the slow stream of blood that spouted out of his lip. "Yes, I can tell."

"You are also blushing. Like, a lot."

Alexander covered his face with his hands. "That's true. Now what do you want?" Laff stood up and strutted over to Alex. He grabbed Alex's arm and yanked him up.

"Let's go talk, yes?" Alexander meekly nodded.
Lafayette pulled Alex out of the dorm and into the hallway. "What's going in?"

Alexander debated weather or not to tell Lafayette his feelings. He, eventually, gave in. "I think I like John. A lot. Like... like I really want to... to kiss him... a lot... everywhere-"

"Okay that's enough! I don't need to know about your... desires."

"Everywhere," Alex repeated, with a dreamy look on his face.

"Alexander!" Laff called out.

"Hm?"

"Break up with Eliza first-"

"What! No, no no no. I lo-" Alexander faltered for a second, "I like her. I... do t want to break her heart-"

"What you're saying is that you are dating Eliza.... because she likes you and you don't want to hurt her."

Alexander shook his head. "I... I don't want to have the conversation. I'm going back inside." Alex turned abruptly and opened the door, walking into the room and sitting down at his computer.

Sure, maybe Alex wanted to go across the room and kiss John. Maybe Alex did want to cuddle him and kiss his cheek. But! He couldn't do that to Eliza. He couldn't break her heart.