14

John

"Electrify my hEAaaahahooh!" John yelled along to the music. He couldn't help it, he was having one of the best days he's had in months. Why? you may be asking. Well, reader, John doesn't really know why.

"What the fuck are you doing in there?" John heard Lafayette laugh from behind the bathroom door.

"I'm singing! Obviously," John yelled back.

"Okay, sure." John heard Lafayette walk away and John continued to dance and sing in the shower.

"I'm sorry, baby, please puppy, I'm trying to be ultra mega happy-" Johns voice cracked, and a lump started to form in his throat. "Hahaha okay new song," John mumbled, trying to get away from the dark thoughts that clouded in the back of his mind.

"Look at you go, I just adore you- ya' know what, let's just um... I'll just get out," John mumbled quietly to know one in particular. John turned off the water and got out of the shower. He tried his best to dry off his hair and then wrapped the towel
around his waist.

He stepped out of the room, steam flowing around him and out the door. Alex looked up from his computer and started choking on the coffee he was drinking. "Are you okay?" John asked, stifling a laugh.

"Fu... fuck you," Alexander sputtered, wiping coffee off his chin.

"You're so cute," John whispered under his breath. He booped Alexander's nose and smiled, walking to his side of the dresser and grabbing some clothes.

"Please, don't change in front of us," Hercules wined.

"Pfft, you'd like if I did."

Alexander whispered something under his breath before taking another sip of coffee. John felt his heart lift in hope. "What was that?"

"Hm?"

"What was it you just said? We couldn't hear."

Alex coughed. "Just talking to myself about this essay I have due." Johns face fell slightly.

"Oh," he shrugged. He turned and gathered his clothes in his hands, walking back to the tiny bathroom the four men shared. John slowly put on his clothes behind the bathroom door. He started quietly humming "Summer Depression" by girl in red to himself.

When he left the bathroom, only Herc was left in the living room. "Where did everyone else go?"

Herc shrugged. "Laff and Alex needed to talk about something privately, I guess."

"Oh."