♥24♥ Affection in the cold

The first years were out on a trip to the snowy mountains. They will stay at a ski resort and they were heading there by train right now. 

"Look! Mountain! Mountain! It's white! It's white!" The children all plastered their faces against the window of the moving train, very excited to see the faraway mountain and a vision of whiteness. 

"Kids, quiet down a little, there are people who are tired..." Ryuuichi was trying his best to quiet the kids but it wasn't working. In fact, the more he told them to quiet down, the more noises they were making. Should he just keep his mouth shut? But the elderly people who were also travelling on the same train looked annoyed when he played ignorance. "Usaida-san, help!" 

But Usaida was sleeping! 

"You better wake up now!" Kamitani took action, he knocked Usaida awake and then he hit the kids one by one to shut them all up at once. "And if you cry out, I'll give you another reason to cry." He was fair, he hit every single one of them but Michiyo. 

"No fair! You no hit Michiyo!" Taka shouted after getting a painful hit to the head.

"Huh? Why would I hit a sleeping child? Are you stupid?" He rolled his eyes at his little brother's stupidity and he looked back from his seat to talk to Ranfa. "Did she not get enough sleep last night?" 

Ranfa looked at Kamitani with a sweatdrop and an awkward smile. "Let's just say Oikawa-san and Dad arguing meant no one can sleep." 

"What are they arguing about?"

"They're planning the wedding. It will be a joint wedding, but they have so much disagreement." 

"The hell?" 

"Oikawa-san wants to have a flashy Hollywood style wedding, but Dad wants a beach wedding, and Michiyo wants them to have the wedding at Funfun land." 

"Wait, she gets an input too?" 

"More like she wormed her way into the conversation. The three of them were up all night arguing back and forth." She looked at Michiyo, who was sleeping on her lap. She stroked her head with a smile, she thought her little sister looked so adorable right now. 

Ranfa looked out of the window with a smile; who wouldn't like to play in the snow? She wondered if Michiyo remember much about the snow when she was a baby? There was once a time when Ranfa took baby Michiyo out to buy groceries and her mother left the apartment and locked them outside for ages. Ranfa could remember keeping her little sister warm, wrapping her up in her coat and keeping her safe from the cold. 

'Huh? And then what happened after that? How come I don't remember?' She wondered to herself. How could she forget something so important?

She was really a lucky girl, who would have thought after all that sadness was happiness? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When everyone have rested up, they were allowed to play in the snow. The toddlers were geared up in their winter gears so they will not catch the cold. 

Michiyo picked up the snow and she stared at the whiteness in her tiny little gloved palms. "Wow! Snow!" She looked at Ryuuichi and Kamitani with surprise on her little face. "Look! It's cold!" 

"Haha, it sure is, Michiyo-chan." Ryuuichi chuckled at her reaction to the snow. 

"Where is your sister?" Kamitani asked, dragging a sled full of the babies. He said it was for training purposes.