A Lost Love

The next day i woke up in the hospital,  and the nurse gave me some medicine and breakfast, i ate the toast but everything else wasnt looking right. so after i had my toast and drank my apple juice i asked the nurse to get Lamar,She went to go and get him and while she was gone i noticed that i had stiches in two places on my stomach, it was so painful, i couldnt laugh and i could hardly move. a tear fell from my face as i tried to sit up. I heard footsteps coming towards the room and i could hear Lamar saying "thank you so much, i dont know what i would do if i had lost her". Then i saw him walking in the room right next to the nurse. he came up to me smiling from ear to ear. He gave me a hug but i told him not to squeeze too tight. it was extremly painful. Thats what brought me to ask the nurse about the two sets of stiches. she told me that the ones on the side are from the gunshot wound and the ones in the middle from when they had to cut my baby out of me. I look at her like she was crazy. "So i was pregnant" is all i could say. I looked over at Lamar who seemed to be just as shocked as i was. Then he said "wait, Kiki did saysomething like that last night on the phone"

So why didnt yall tell me last night!? I said angrily and frustrated

Because, it was already too much for you to deal with.

Yea but damn i could've dealt with all the pain at once, man that's not right.

Ken im sorry,i just didnt want to put to much on your plate.

i understand, but damn i lost my child? how? i said looking at the nurse.

Well you lost a lot of blood and your placenta was damaged so if we hadnt cut the baby out it would have rotted inside of you.

I blinked franticly to keep the tears from falling.

Kendra stop crying, You can always have another baby.

That's not the point! I didnt even get to see my baby.

I understand sis but you gotta be strong, think about positive things.

When can i get out of the hospital ma'am im ready to go.

Well you're going to need time to heal so therefore you may be out by next week.

Oh no im ready to go now.

Well let me check with the doctor.

                                                                    *walks out*

Kendra you know i love you and you know you werent ready for that baby, you said your self thet you would get an abortion if you were pregnant.

I know what i said Lamar, but that doesnt change the fact that i lost my baby i wanted to see it i wanted to know that i had a baby, but all that will never happen.

Kendra you can still have a baby.

Your right maybe this was a sign.

Yea.

Ms. Luis Hi im Dr. Scott. Now the nurse tells me you want to leave within the next two days, is that correct?

Yes but can i leave today?

Well im not sure how stable you are.

You want me to get up and walk around?

No You may need to stay until tomorrow, we are going to have to give you more medicine.

Ok but i want to leave first thing tomorrow morning.

Not a problem.

Thank you.

You're very welcome.

Lamar, tomorrow i want to go to dre's house, okay?

Kendra i dont think that's a good idea.

Why not?

Look at where we are. we're in the hospital because of Dre. You dont need to go anywhere near Dre for a while.

But if i dont then what, who is he gonna put in the hospital next? i dont want him hurting anyone anymore.

Kendra, Please just worry about you for a second!

I cant! Plus he killed my baby. I want him dead!

Sis i will take care of that. i gotchu i promise.

No Lamar, this is my problem i have to do this. If you wont take me I'll take myself.