Day 2- Nico di Angelo v.s. Tartarus

Nico slowly pushed open the door to the Hades' cabin because he was feeling a somewhat familiar presence coming from within. He felt a sense of foreboding, so he pulled out his stygian iron sword before stepping inside. As not to draw too much attention, he quietly closed the door. He moved through the hallway trying to find source of darkness. Nico's search has led him to a door that stood at the end of the hallway. The room was his own. Knowing danger waiting for him on the other side he gathered the shadows around him and ignited his sword with the fires of the underworld. Then, he pushed open the door. Sitting on a chair in front of him had been the source of his nightmares for weeks.

That being was none other than Tartarus, the god of the pit, who had escaped from the underworld to destroy the ones who got away. Nico was at the top of his list.

As Nico lunged at the being, Tartarus raised his weapon to meet him.

Shadows met nightmares.

Their weapons clashed at the center of the room causing a ringing sound to emit from the might and power that these two individuals wielded. Never in history has any demigod been able to withstand the strength of Tartarus. Pure hatred ran through both individual for one another when their eyes met. That's when the battle of a century began.

The grace and swiftness of the Ghost King, heir to Hades' thrown, counteracted the brute force and strength of the primordial god of the pit. Neither side was letting up now. Even with the destructive power raging around them, not one step faulted from either side.

That's because they both knew that once they fell, they could never be able to get up ever again.

. . .

As Nico dodged another fatal blow, he knew that he might not last much longer from within his cabin. The smoke filling the cabin was making it harder to breathe and the walls were starting to give way to the crippling foundation. He closed his eyes to concentrate on shadow traveling just before the building collapsed with Tartarus inside.

When he opened his eyes, he was able to notice the other hundred or so campers surrounding the burning building. He could feel the raging primordial trapped inside. Knowing that it would take more than that to killing the primordial, he raised his already exhausted arms to be ready for the strike that he knew would come. Sword met sickle once again. No powers were used from their already depleted supply. Just the fighting skill alone could be able to determine a victor now. No one dared to step between.

. . .

Nico's movement had become too sluggish to stop the next blow. Tartarus shattered his wrist with a large crack as Nico fell to the ground. His sword was flung from his reach. With a wicked grin, Tartarus brought down his sickle.