Day 3- Nico's thoughts on Argo II

When I was a young boy, my father took me into the city, to see a marching band.

Sitting aboard the Argo II, I let my mind wander. Bit-by-bit I have been regaining my memories since my dip in the Lethe. My memories may still be in fragments, but I remember some of the important things here and there. The earliest non-broken memory is of Hades and Mama taking me and Bianca to see a parade march to try to boost the country's moral during the war. I'll admit it, it was pretty fun with everyone around. Later that day, I remember Hades talking to me with a faraway look in his eye.

He said, son, when you grow up. Would you be the savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned? He said, will you defeat them your demons and all the non-believers? The plans that they have made? Because one day I'll leave you I'll leave you a phantom to lead you in the summer to join the black parade.

I didn't understand what he meant back then. Now I know he must have known what the future may hold. He knew what it might be like for me, for a son of Hades. Which never live happy lives or end up insane. Three days later Mama died.

After that it was just me and Bianca in the Casino for years that felt like months. She became like a mother figure to me. Then, she left me to join the hunters and died. I ran away from camp. I ran from my feelings.

Sometimes I get the feeling she's watching over me.

When I was living on the streets some days I would wake up to find money or food left by. Someone was trying to help me. I thought it was Bianca. I could just feel it.

Other times I feel like I should go.

Someone can only take so many monster attacks. I was alone and afraid. I wanted it all to stop. No one cares about me anyway. Why would they?

And through it all, the rise and fall, the bodies in the streets. And when your gone, we want you all to know.

We'll carry on, we'll carry on. And though your dead and gone, believe me. Your memory will carry on. We'll carry on and in my heart, I can't contain it, the anthem won't explain it.

After everything that has happened to me. Even after all the death and sadness, I'm still here. I promised Bianca and Mama I would stay strong, to be their Soldantino. So here I am. After the ridicule and heart ache, I am alive for them. I made a promise I will keep. Their memory deserves to carry on, to never be forgotten.

A world that sends you reeling from decimated dreams. Your misery and hate will kill us all.

I have seen unimaginable horrors from the fields of punishment to Luke's possession. I have been used time and time again. I know what true heartache is. I know what it is like to love someone who can never love me back. I know what true nightmares are. It is to forever feel alone, to be cursed to never be excepted. To be regarded as a freak.

So, paint it black and take it. Let's shout out loud and clear. Defiant to the end to hear the call, to carry on. And though you're broken and defeated your weary widow marches

But, it doesn't matter who can bring you down. You use the tough times and avenge yourself. Can use that anger. I hold the power. I can stand up for what I believe in. Only I can change other people's opinion. To be the master of my own destiny. To carry on. To prove to my dad, Minos, Camp Half-Blood, Camp Jupiter, everyone that I am not weak. That I am strong, and that I don't need anyone.

On and on, we carry through the fears. Disappointed faces of your peers. Take a look at me, 'cause I could not care at all

Yes, I fell in to Tartarus, but I did it on my own terms. I wanted to help others. I wanted to be show that I could save the day. It is okay to leave because if I die, then many others don't have to. That's why I endured my torture. I knew that the longer that I stalled them, then the longer that Hazel could be safe. I wouldn't rethink my decision for the world. I don't care what other people might think of me. I didn't want to be used as bait in jar.

Do or die you'll never make me because the world will never take my heart. You can try you'll never break me we want to play this part

I know about the sad looks the rest of the 7 shoot at me. I'm not blind. I know that they dont like me, or frankly trust me. But, I never asked to be saved. I was ready to die, to be back with Bianca and Mama. As long as Percy and Hazel was safe. Nobody could ever live me anyway. What use is one more life dying in a war? All it is, I another name, a face that everyone could live without. But, I could never be upset with Hazel.

Won't explain or say I'm sorry. I'm unashamed, I'm gonna show my scar. Give a cheer for all the broken listen here because it's who we are. I'm just a man, I'm not a hero. Just a boy who had to sing this song.

I don't care

I made a promise to Percy. I will lead them to the House of Hades. Then I am leaving for good. I will try to save the people I care about. You can try, you'll never break me. Do or die we'll carry on.