Day 7- Nico goes to Meridian High

My name is Michael Vey. You might have heard of me, but most people might not of. I live in Meridian, Idaho with my family. My dad helps run VEYTRIC Inc. I have the greatest girlfriend in the world named Taylor and my best friend's name is Ostin. I have Tourette's syndrome and I am electric, literally. If that doesn't help to jog your memory, than the name Electroclan might. We helped to save the world from the evil Dr. Hatch who is he kind of person that probably found enjoyment from ripping the wings off of butterflies as a child. But, that is a whole other story for you. (Somewhere around another seven books to be exact.)

Today I decided that I am going to tell you about the time that my math teacher tried to cut off my head. Now you may be wondering, wouldn't she have gotten fired? Well you would be wrong because she wasn't just any ordinary Algebra teacher. So here is where our story begins.

It all started near the middle of junior year. I was hanging with Ostin and Taylor when we got the news. We were going to have a new kid in our school, another junior. That in itself just screams for trouble. Nobody ever comes to Meridian. That is one of the reasons why we moved there in the first place. Whispers were heard throughout the hallway, when the doors were pushed open and in comes this kid that I have never seen before. He had raven black hair. He looked kind of scrawny any short for his age, but I was too so no room to judge. He wore a leather jacket, black skinny jeans, and a silver skull ring on his hand. The minute he stepped through the doors, the hallway was washed in silence. His eyes widened when everyone stopped to stare at him, so he quickly lowered it and walked past everyone to reach the office.

"He's kind of creepy in a goth-ish kind of way don't you think? I mean he probably is nice but looks a little on the 'don't talk to me' kind of side," Taylor says breaking me out of my little bubble.

"Your not wrong, but goth-ish isn't a word. More goth would be the more correct use for that sentence," Ostin explains.

"Okay mister 'know-it-all' let's break up the fight before it starts," I say, "I am going to go talk to him and see if he needs any help."

"Okay, see you at lunch, okay?" Taylor says. She kisses me and heads off to first period.

"Get a room," Ostin says shaking his head. He smirks and walks away.

. . .

I make it to the office and find the new kind awkwardly standing off to the side. He looks a little lost. When he sees me, his eyes widen like he knows me, but he quickly hides it behind a mask of indifference

"Hey, you're the new kid, right? My name's Michael."

"Yeah, I just moved here from New York a few weeks ago. My name is Nico di Angelo. Can you help me. I just got my schedule from the principle and I have no idea where to go."

"Sure. Don't worry about Dahlstrom. He is like that with everyone else, too. Here let me look at your schedule.

"You have the exact same one as I do, I guess I'll show you to first period Algebra."