Chapter 6: Transferred

Cuffs were wrapped around my wrists and ankles when I woke up. Realizing that I was no longer in the Meal Room, my senses immediately sharpened. I wasn't in my usual room either. It was much darker and colder. Even the floors seemed harder to the touch. Above all, it felt like I was in a much smaller space. A soft moan made me twist my head to face the direction of the sound.

The figures before me were hardly recognizable. Yet, I could faintly make out who they were. It was none other, than Angeli and Derrick. Except, they were both in a terrible condition.

Derrick sat there, shirtless, and even on his chest, were streaks of red. It was terrifying to look at. He seemed to be having trouble breathing, wheezing every so often. His hair was messy, very unlike his usual way of keeping his hair.

Angeli's clothing was shredded into torn cloth where it hung loosely against her frame. Her fingers laced around the chains that bound her into one uncomfortable position. Her face was contorted in such an excruciatingly agonizing face that I hadn't known was possible.

"Guys?" I croaked out, not able to steady my voice correctly. They heard me, but were lost as to where I was. "Over here, by the door." A metal door was beside me, while they sat across from me.

"M-Math..." Derrick's voice was raspy as he tried to call out for my name. He coughed after the failed attempt, making it echo throughout the dark room.

"I'm gonna get us out of here..." I promised, knowing they could both hear me.

"D-don't... pro...mise anythin... you c-can't... keep." Angeli's eyes stared right at mine. Her deep expression lost all hope on getting out of here. Seeing her so lost and in pain seemed to have had the same affect on me. No. I corrected myself and wore a determined mask over my face.

"Then I won't make it a promise. Just a goal I plan to achieve." I looked down at my wrists and twisted them about. I could move them inside the chains, but couldn't thrust them out. So, I looked back at the hinges that stuck to the wall behind me. Rusted hinges to go onto chains. Nice move, Moderates.

I used every last bit of my strength and pulled in the opposite direction of the wall, making the hinges become loose. I almost had them. I was so close, but Norman suddenly appeared and I forced myself to stop. If he caught me trying to escape, there would be "serious consequences."

His eyes maneuvered, shifting his gaze in between the three of us. "Nineteen, these are your friends, correct?" I stared up at him with narrowed eyes. "If you want, I could put them under my slaves. They will not be mistreated as they have been with The Monster and The Beast."

"What?" I asked, recognizing the familiar title of The Monster.

"Auburn was with The Beast. A Frenchman with a strict personality who can not take no for an answer. Long Eyes was with The Monster, at first. Then, for a short time, went onto a mistress with the same temper to match Monster's." He explained.

Auburn and Long Eyes? That must have been the names they were given by their masters. "Then yeah. They should stay with you. After all, you guys can't really afford to lose slaves, right? Leaving them with The Monster and The Beast would lead to death."

He gave me a crooked smirk. "Of course. They will need to recover before being put to work. From my understanding, Auburn is one of our Hunters and Long Eyes is a Server. I will keep that in mind." He crouched down beside me and began to take off my chains, but I stopped him.

"Release them first, then me." I used a determined voice, but I had practically ordered my own master. He didn't seem to be bothered by it, since he went ahead and did it. They both tried to stand, but really couldn't.