Chapter 16: Brother of Mine

I'm so sorry about the delay in my updating. I've been very occupied, seeing as how I'm not at home and I'm in a different state.

Forgive meh! XD

Besides that, I'm still trying to cope with the death of someone very near and dear to me - my father. So, please understand if I sometimes don't update as often as I usually would, which is more or less on a daily basis.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

~Ze

---

"Anyways, when we met up, he had told me you were there, right? So, of course, I had to panic. I didn't know you were still alive, and apparently, you didn't know I was alive either. Trevor insisted I not try to come in contact with you, for some weird safety issues that I still don't understand.

"As I was saying, a Rich had spotted him and caused him to flee from the attack, forced to leave you there on the ground. Naturally, he was just as stubborn as you are and decided to spy on you from a distance. One of the Dodgers, which I believe is this man," She pointed her head towards Derrick. "Was hauling you away from the remaining attackers, where we could no longer see you. We were forced to get away from there as much as we could before we were seen again.

"Strangely enough, the next day or the day after that, the same man had run into us. The two of them seemed to have a deep hate towards each other and Trevor ordered me to leave. I never did find out what had happened because Trevor never told me, but he came back with a blood-stained knife and a weird expression I had never seen before."

"Derrick, was it that one time when Trevor stabbed my hand?" I turned to him and he thought for a moment before nodding slowly.

"I believe so. It seems that way, at least. Yet, Trevor never told you, you say?" He asked Sam.

"No. He never talked much about you or anyone else. He was quiet most of the time while I was with him and was terrible at saying what was on his mind." She recalled the way my brother always was - secluded and independent. Never to say much about his feelings, but was good at barking orders.

"Sounds like Trevor to me." I confirmed.

"Yeah? It turns out that right before he ran into me in the Moderate country, he was taken under custody by the Riches, but was released for an unknown reason. There are a few other things I should probably mention to you guys, but I'm strictly forbidden to utter a single word of it to another soul. To quote Trevor's words, 'I can't afford anyone knowing about this, so you better keep quiet if you want to live another year in peace.'" She concluded.

"That still doesn't explain why you were bombing Germany." Angeli pointed out.

"That's part of what I'm not allowed to tell." She sighed, feeling urged to spill what she knew.

"How come I never recognized you?" I asked, off topic.

"Oh, I can answer that. Trevor told me that you always went into a phase where you would forget everything you knew you had to leave behind. He said that as a little boy, you tended to do that for not just important things, but small things too. Things like a lost toy or a favorite food being discontinued. You just naturally adapted to not having them anymore and would forget them easily." I remained still and silent, unable to grasp this. Trevor had remembered all that?

"Speaking of which, where is he?" Mac finally asked, since he had been quiet for the past few minutes.

"I'm not sure. These past few days, I haven't come in contact with him. He said he'd be back after a while and told me to wait here in Belgium. Meanwhile, I played the freaky stalker just to tease you guys. Oh... and that whole deal with the saffron... it's something else I can't say."