Chapter III

Third Person Point of View

It was a soothing early morning in Kyoto, rays of sunshine were passing through Takagi's curtains and she had just recently gotten up to prepare breakfast. Nishikata was still in the bed sleep. 'I wonder if he's gonna always be asleep like this? Maybe I should plan a trap for him this morning' Takagi thought as she began to scheme a plan. She then remembered she had a Halloween Jack-in-the-box she had gotten as a haunted house decoration last year. She then popped a lid on the cooking meal and quietly tip toed into her room being sure not to wake Nishikata. She quietly retrieved the Jack-in-the-box from her closet and went back into the kitchen. She turned the lever which opened the fancy box and a spooky clown sprung out of the box. It had rainbow colored hair and sharp jagged yellow teeth. Its hands were bloody red and had long serrated fingernails. She stuck a sticky note in it's mouth and scribbled something on it. She then put a butchers knife in the right hand of the clown and pushed it back inside of the box. 'There! Hopefully this doesn't scare him too much' thought Takagi as she giggled. She sat the box in his lap then went back to making breakfast.

A couple minutes later, Nishikata  began to stir in his slumber. He blinked a couple times and looked over at the alarm clock. It read 8:30am. He then felt something heavy in his lap. He sat up to see a shiny gold and red box with a winder on the side. "Heh heh... really Takagi-chan" said Nishikata as he began to unwind it. It played a gentle tune that sort of relaxed him. Then in a split second, the tune stopped and the menacing clown sprung out of the box.

"YAAAAAAAUGHHHH"! Nishikata screamed utterly shocked as he threw the Jack-in-the-box. He then tried to slow down his uncontrollable breathing. He put his hand over his chest and felt his heart drumming. 'Damn that Takagi-san'  he thought as he over heard her in the kitchen laughing up a storm. He then pouts and glances over at the Jack-in-the-box. It had a note in it's mouth. Nishikata got up and got a little closer. It read: "Breakfast's ready". He then got the message and walked to the kitchen. Takagi looked up and smiled at him. "What a gentle way to wake up" he said sarcastically as he gave her a stink eye and slowly sat down. He looked down and was shocked at the meal. "You like cooking too" asked Nishikata. "Hai" said Takagi with a closed eyed smile. She then began to eat. He then further examined his plates contents. There were 4 strips of bacon, 3 fluffy pancakes with a chunk of partially melted butter and some eggs that were lightly salted and peppered. There was also some chopsticks, a fork, a mug of coffee and a bottle of maple syrup. "You cook western food" asked Nishikata. "Yep" said Takagi as she pulled out her phone. She then started texting someone. Nishikata ignored her and ate his meal.

After his meal, he put on his school uniform shirt and some khaki pants. He combed his hair to the left and washed his face and brushed his teeth. He then applied a little deodorant and a couple sprays of cologne that he had brought with him. He grabbed his satchel and a notebook and walked out of the dorm. Takagi was still getting dressed. He then began to walk to class. 'Did I do the right thing by leaving her! Wait what if those horrible girls comeback' thought Nishikata as he turned around and was headed back to his dorm. Other students were staring at him as he waited outside his dorm door. He then spotted Kimura walking. "Kimura!" shouted Nishikata. The chubby teen turned around and his face lit up. "Yo Nishikata" he says as he fist bumps him. "So where ya went yesterday" Nishikata said. "Ano... I kinda got carried away because the new school year and stuff like that he he! Gomenasai (sorry)" he said smiling. "Mondainai (it's okay)" said Nishikata. "So who you waiting on" Kimura questioned. "Oh, I'm waiting on this girl that lives with me named Takagi Karakai. She's a real pain in the butt" Nishikata jokes. "Ahh I see" says Kimura. "Do you like her?" Kimura asks. "A-Ano... Nani?" says Nishikata. "Aww Nishikata found koi (love)" said Kimura. Nishikata felt his cheeks heat up. "N-Nani!? I'll admit, she's kawaii (cute) demo (but) she isn't my kanojo (girlfriend)" Nishikata says. "If you say so" Kimura says. "Anyways I gotta dash demo, I live right down there" he states as he points down the hall on the very first house on the left. "Okay, I'll come hangout some time then" Nishikata says with a closed eyed smile. "OK! I'd like that" Kimura replied smiling. "Catch ya later" says Kimura as he starts walking. "Matane (good bye)" Nishikata waves. Little did he know, a blushing Takagi had been eavesdropping the whole time!