Chapter VIII

A couple of weeks ahead from the last chapter....

Nishikata had just woken up and everything seemed like a normal day for a change. He then got up onto his feet and went down the hallway to brush his teeth and prepare for school. He brushed his teeth and washed his face and went back to his room to put some clothes on. He then grabbed his dorm key and his backpack and opened the dorm door. He was stunned to see Kuroneko outside with Uiharu and Toshiro awaiting his arrival.

"H-How long have you guys been here?" questions Nishikata as he closes the door behind him. "Not long" Kuroneko replies. "Good morning Jōzu-kun" says Kuroneko. "Ohayo Kuroneko-chan" Nishikata replies. "Ohayo Nishikata" said Toshiro as he fist bumped Nishikata. "Yo Toshiro!" Nishikata exclaimed as he accepted his offer to the fist bump. "Ohayo" says Uiharu with a closed eyed smile. "Ohayo" he replied. They then had the usual 1 hour before school began.

They walked through the hallways until they reached the otaku infested hallways of the school's T-building. They then walked to their usual spot where they were grouped up at. "So what's gonna go down today?" asked Toshiro. "Well I'm gonna join the otaku club today" said Nishikata. "Sugoii Jōzu-kun"said Kuroneko smiling. He replied to her with a smile of his own. "Your gonna have fun here" added Uiharu. "I'm expecting it to be fun hehe" Nishikata said as he chuckled. "Hai" Uiharu replied with a closed eyed smile. "Hmmm... not really sure" says Nishikata as he pulls out his phone. It read 7:47am. An idea then popped up in Nishikata'a head.

"You wanna wander around campus until then?" says Nishikata. "Well I mean we have nothing else better to do..." says Toshiro. Nishikata replied with a light chuckle. They then begin their walk around the school. They then caught a glimpse of some of the new clubs. There was one club in particular that caught his attention. It was called the 'beauty' club. Nishikata had caught a glimpse of Takagi wearing a hairstyle he had never seen her wear before. It was a simple ponytail but she looked very different with it, to the extent where she looked like a whole new person. Takagi turned and made brief eye contact. They both simultaneously blushed and looked away almost immediately. Nishikata then departs from the group for a minute. He then slowly approached Takagi. "Ohayo" he said cracking a smile. She returned the smile. "Ohayo" she replies. "So you're in the beauty club?" He asks making small talk.

"Mhmm" she replies. The bell then rings for them to go to class. Nishikata and Takagi separately briefly and see that Ryoma is no where to be seen. 'Hmm... that's unusual... he's never away from Takagi-san' thought Nishikata as he followed her through the crowds to their class. When they both arrived there, he noticed that Ryoma was sitting across the class instead of by Takagi. Nishikata just took his normal seat by Kuroneko and observed her for majority of the class She period. She seemed lonely to him.

3 Hours Later...

The lunch bell had just rang and students began to pour into the hallways and go downstairs to the cafeteria and to the student's parking lot. Nishikata separated himself from the others in the group to talk with Takagi by himself. He then retraces his footsteps from earlier to find the beauty club and sure enough, he found it. He noticed Takagi sitting at a table eating lunch alone.

Takagi looks up at Nishikata and their eyes meet for a couple seconds. They both advert their eyes and Nishikata approaches her. "Hey Takagi-san" Nishikata said as he sat beside her. "Yes Nishikata?" she replied taking a bite into her dumpling. "Why are you sitting here alone... eating lunch?" he said looking down at his lap. Takagi paused for a moment gathering her thoughts and chewing the rest of her food.

"Well, me and Ryoma broke up... and my club is busy with other stuff" she said looking at the table. Nishikata then looks over at her. "Well you know, I'm always here if you want to talk" he said. She turned to face him and he gave her a warm smile causing her to smile.

"Well, guess I'll tease you a lot" she said laughing. "Eh..?" Nishikata said confused. Immediately Takagi starts poking at his ribs and pulling his ears. "Hey! Ouch stop that" he said sheepishly. Takagi was content with her results. "I'll get you back for-" he was cut off by Takagi planting a kiss on his cheek.

His face immediately turned bright red. "H-H-Hey! What w-was that f-for!!" He said stuttering on his words. "What were you saying before I RUDELY interrupted?" Takagi said smiling about to burst out laughing. "I was saying I'll get you back for-"  he was again interrupted by Takagi planting another kiss on his cheek. His face turns even redder.

'Maybe if I keep doing this, maybe I'll keep getting kisses!!' thought Nishikata as he started to feel confident.

Takagi instantly recognizes his attitude change.

"As I was saying, I will get you back for-" he was cut off by her pinching his cheek and ear. "Owwy! What happened to the kisses??" he said slightly disappointed. "Aww someone wanted more kisses?" Takagi teases. Nishikata stays silent as he feels his cheeks heat up once more.

Takagi then gives him a kiss on his cheek. "There ya go!" she says with a closed eyed smile. Nishikata didn't say anything. He could only think of one word: ..kawaii (cute)..

The bell then rang from lunch releasing the students to their 5th hour class. Nishikata arrived with Takagi following behind him to Takizawa Sensei's classroom. They enter and sit next to one another. The tardy bell rings and the class begins.

"Ohayo Class" greets Takizawa Sensei.
"Ohayo!" the class replies.
"So I'm not sure if you students were aware but we're getting several transfer students pretty pretty soon! Please everyone treat them with kindness and respect! Got it?" the Sensei says enthusiastically. "Hai (yes sir/ma'am)!"

Takagi then looks at Nishikata causing him to look back at her. "So Nishikata, who do you think these transfers are?" she says looming into his eyes. "Not sure but I hope they'll join my club" Nishikata says with a smile on his face.

Author's Note:
I apologize this chapter is a bit rather short but I will be uploading much longer chapters soon so bear with me :).    -BoLtMiTSaRa