Chapter V

Third Person Point of View

Nishikata and Takagi had already woken and was walking to the school's main building. Nishikata had made sure he set his alarm on his phone so he could wake up extra early and do a morning jog around the school campus. When he got back Takagi had already cooked breakfast and they ate. They then put on their clothes and Nishikata waited for her outside as usual. She came out two minutes later with her basic uniform and her hair styled in two Chinese styled buns. He found this new hairstyle rather kawaii. They had 30 minutes until 1st hour and Takagi for the first time since they first met wasn't with Nishikata. She had walked off somewhere down the road while they were walking.

5 minutes passed and Nishikata began to grow worried that she wouldn't return. He remembered that he had Takagi registered on his phone as one of his contacts so, he decided to call her. A few seconds into the call, he heard the ringer ring. She had picked up a couple seconds after he had heard the ring to his surprise. "Hai Nishikata" she said. "Where are you" he said with a hint of worry in his voice. "Why do you care" she said playfully. He then felt his cheeks flush red. "I-I'm not worried" he said flustered with her actions. "I never said you were worried" she stated as she began to giggle. He then sighs. "I'm with some of my friends. Don't worry about me. I'll be with you in first hour, so don't worry. Also by the way, look behind you" she said through the phone. He turned around and saw two girls looking at him laughing at his facial expression. He felt his face flush crimson red from the embarrassment. "Nani?" he said trying to make small talk. "Nothing" Takagi said as she walked off with her friends. He sighed again and watched as they left his eyesight. He then sat on a nearby bench alone.

'I'm surprise she even has friends. I thought she had no friends but it doesn't seem that that's the case.' He thought to himself.

"Hey Takagi-chan!" said a red headed girl. "Hai Mina-san" Takagi replied. "Is Jōzu-kun your kareshi (boyfriend)?" she asked inspecting her face. Her face then turned bright red. "N-N-Nani?" she said with a flustered expression. "You heard me" Mina said as she continued to pry open Takagi's mind. "I don't have a kareshi" Takagi finally admitted. "Awww. Takagi-chan had a crush" Mina teased. Takagi only puffed her cheeks out and looked away. "Well Takagi-chan, you know homecoming is coming up... Jōzu-kun isn't gonna be 'available' for long" Mina whispered in Takagi's ear. Takagi then realized that she was completely right about that. She then felt sad. She knew Nishikata would be swarmed by girls. She then decided in her head that she'd give up trying to love Nishikata.

"Ano... Takagi-chan? Daijobou (are you ok)?" said Mina. "Oh... Hai... Matane... (I'll see you later)" said Takagi as she walked away.

Time skip two weeks ahead

Takagi and Nishikata hasn't interacted much since Takagi made up in her head that she wasn't gonna chase Nishikata like the other girls at school. Nishikata has also taken notice at how she doesn't wake him up anymore, or how she doesn't cook breakfast anymore. They don't even speak to each other anymore unless its a morning greeting which consists usually of "Ohayo".