Chapter X

Quick A/N:
Sorry guys this chapter won't feature any Nishikata x Takagi moments in it. I'm gonna dedicate this chapter solely for character development. I'm gonna save that for next chapter. Anyways, take care.

The Next Day....

Nariyuki's Point of View ~

The sun had just rose and I had felt the blinding rays of sunlight piercing my eye lids. I groaned quietly as I lifted myself from the bed. I then trudged to the bathroom and saw Ogata in the mirror combing her hair. She immediately notices me and her cheeks turns a shade of pink. I ignored it and greeted her. "Hoi, Ogata" I say as I approach her. "O-Ohayo Nariyuki-kun" she says shyly avoiding eye contact.

Third Person Point of View ~

She then approaches him as well and gives him a soft hug. He blushes as he hugs back with her breast making contact with his chest. They then separate and look at each other in the eyes and quickly turn away with red cheeks. There was then a moment of brief awkward silence. "Well um, I guess I'll be getting dressed to go to class now" Rizu says quickly and starts walking in the opposite direction. Nariyuki catches her hand and swings her back around to face him. "Oga- I mean, Rizu" he says and their eyes making contact again. Rizu's face gets even redder.

"Y-Yes?" she replies. "Your aware that we're out of school today right?" Nariyuki questions not breaking the eye contact. "Ehhhh?!" she says surprised. She then looks over at the calendar which was mounted on the fridge. It read: 'Labor Day'. Her face flourished with red colors.

'A whole day alone with just me and Nariyuki-kun' thought Rizu as she turned to face the opposing direction. Nariyuki then placed his hand onto her shoulders startling her. Her shoulders slightly tensed up and she made a small squeal. Nariyuki found that small action quite cute. "So Rizu, what do you wanna do today?" "I'm not sure. Um... did you have anything in mind?" she said looking down at the floor at her toes.

"Um. Nope. But aren't you a bit hungry? We should go out to get something to eat. Unless you'd rather me help you cook!" Nariyuki suggested brightly. "Um, could we go out for lunch instead and we can cook breakfast together?" she said looking up at him. "Of course. Sounds great!" he replied with a smile. She then returned a smile and they both walked out of the bathroom. They continued down the hall until they made their way to the kitchen.

It was a standard Japanese kitchen with lots of various cooking pans and pots. It even had a grill, griddle and other cooking appliances. "So what should we have?" asks Nariyuki. "Hmm... definitely something quick and simple yet delicious. Hmmm... how about rice and natto with yakizakana?" asks Rizu. "Oi! That sounds nice!" Nariyuki says satisfied with her results.

Nariyuki then opens the cabinet and pulls out a cast iron skillet and a small pot. Rizu gathers the ingredients from the fridge. "Nariyuki-kun. Could you cook the rice and natto? I'm not great at preparing the natto" she says a little embarrassed. "Okey. No problem!" "I'll cook the yakizakana since I'm great at cooking fish" she adds. "Alrighty." he replies. She then offers him a bag of rice and other items. He accepts them and sets them aside.

He then fills the pot halfway up with water and places in some salt. He then places the pot on the stove and puts the heat on medium. Rizu also begins cutting the fish into 4 pieces and seasoning it. He then places the rice into the water and begins boiling it. Rizu then places the fish into the cast iron skillet causing it to sizzle. 15 minutes later, they're at the dining table side by side enjoying their food.