Fly Away

Chann followed Nooroo to the garden, "Where are we going?"

Nooroo pointed to one of the clouds, a few hundred meters up, "Up there! Follow me." He jumped up, and hovered in mid-air, waiting for Chann to follow.

"I... I can't!" She called up.

"Why not?"

Chann bit her lip, and explained that she had never flown before and why.

"Ok... How do I explain this..." he took a deep breath and stared at the sky for a moment, deep in thought. To him, flying had come naturally, so he had easily mastered this skill.

"You need to imagine you're on a cloud."

Chann frowned, "But you can't stand on clouds... They're just water."

"Ehhmm... Then just imagine you can stand on this cloud. Just close your eyes, and imagine there's a cloud in front of you, then you get onto it." Nooroo explained, "And then the cloud floats up..."

Chann hesitated for a moment, and then closed her eyes. She stepped forward, and Nooroo could tell that she was concentrating hard.

He wasn't sure if this was gonna work, so he lifted Chann up gently. She gasped, thinking it actually worked, and she was flying.

He carefully let Chann go, and she stayed hanging in mid-air. Nooroo sighed inwardly, glad that he had been successful.

He flew around her, "See? it's not that hard!"

"You're righ--" Chann looked down, and suddenly dropped out of the air "Woah!"

Nooroo quickly grabbed Chann's hand, as she plummeted back down to the ground. He could feel her shaking with fright.

"Close your eyes." Nooroo commanded.

"I... I'm scared."

"Close your eyes, Chann."

Chann took a deep breath, and did as she was told.

"Now calm your breath." Nooroo flew up slowly, pulling Chann up with him, "And re-imagine the cloud you were standing on."

Chann frowned in concentration, and Nooroo felt her relaxing, and her weight slowly becoming lighter...

She was breathing calmly, and hovering in mid-air beside Nooroo.

"Now open your eyes, slowly, and don't freak out." He advised, "You did it, see?"

Chann looked around her, "Yeah... I did it."

"Ok, you focus on staying in the air, and I'll get us up there." Nooroo instructed, before shooting up toward the clouds.

He landed softly on a cloud that looked rather solid.

"That was... Pretty amazing, I must admit."

Nooroo blushed, "It was nothing. But... Ehhh... I should get back. I...In case I get called..."

He flew back down, leaving Chann alone, and rather confused. 

- - <> <> = <> <> - -

Hey guys!

I recently watched the Sandbox episode, and the Howami is mentioned as the Miracle Box. So to save myself trouble and angry comments about how I did it wrong, I am going to say that 'Howami' is the Kwami Language for 'Miracle'.