Chapter 10:

i finish feeding the twins before i'm forced to give them off to The Doctor for the rest of the day. i kiss them both goodbye and Peeta slaps my arm playfully. "Hey?" he says.

"o sorry i forgot." i kiss him once on the lips and roll my eyes." theres pplenty of time for that later." i say to him. the doctor leaves and a tear rolls down my cheek. Peeta wrapps his arms around me tightly.

"its okay. come on. doont cry. its a special day!" he says. just then we have to go and drive to the mansion. i cant beleive everything is happening so fast. a few days ago i had the twins and now today i'm getting married. i'm so happy right now i think i'm shaking in my seat. he grabs my hand and rubs his thumb across it and i kiss him, smiling brightly. he laughs and looks at me. i rest my head on his chest and not long after we pull in and see crowds of thousands of people waiting to see us. for security the car pulls into a garage in the mansion. Peeta and i hug one more time before they pull us apart.

i find myself in a room smaller than our bedroom. Cinna takes charge of everything to make sure its perfect. theres black eyeliner with thin tails that curl up. a natural brown tone on my eyes that softens farther out. my lips are a light pinkish color. they add sparkling glitter to my eyelids to make them shimmer. the front peices of my hair are pulled together in the back. its all curled in little ringlets. and then its topped with 10 pounds of hairspray. i look absolutley amazing,and i know Peeta will love it. Peeta. i cant wait any longer.

i finally put the dress on and oh my gosh! its all white. the main part is form fitting silk with a low v neck and very thin straps. right below by butt it flows into a wider pleaded skirt. there is a layer of thin white lace on the skirt part. more white lace goes from the straps all the way down my arms to my hands. i have 4 inch white heels and the viel goes all the way down to the ground and an inch farther. there are small white flowers lining the clip of the viel.

i finally make it to the alter and i'm staring into his clear blue eyes. those same eyes i saw in the cave in the 74th games. and on the beach in the 75th games. and after the war. and so many times since then. i smile and i can see the genuine love in his expression. i know i feel it in my heart and i have to resist the urge to lean in and kiss him right now. i tune out the long speech and wait to hear Peeta's vow. the priest goes on and on so i look at the crowd through the corner of my eye. i can see Effie, Cinna, Portia, and i see the doctor with the twins. afte another minute or so i hear Peeta speak.

"Katniss. i've been in love with you for as long as i can remember and it didnt matter what happened, nothing ever changed my mind. from the reapings,the interviews the games, the war, everything. and now we have two beautiful children and i look foward to spending the rest of my life with you. your all i have left and you have a very special place in my heart. i love you." he says. tears come to my eyes. i quickly wipe them away with the back of my hand,and begin to speak.

"Peeta. at first i never knew what to think. Everyone was forcing it and telling me to how i should feel and telling me i had to be in love. i never got the chance to figure out how i really felt until much later. but then it was clear to me. i was in love with you and no one could tell me otherwise. i made my descision and i trust in my heart that it was definatley the right one. i love you." i say. the tears are about to flood out but i have to hold them back whatever it takes. i tune out for another minute and hear him.

"i do." crap i tuned out. i listen this time through the whole rant and finally i get to say

"i do!" then we kiss and the sparks that fly are better than anything else i've ever expeirienced in my life. i smile and he laughs. he picks me up and runs into the mansion. he kisses me again and i wrap my arms tightly around his neck and kiss him back. they hand us the twins and we run off before we have to go to the reception later.

i think of what my mother in District 7 thinks. i laugh when i think how mad Gale probably is. now i'm married and have become Katniss Mellark. we get to go back to 12 tomorrow for a day. we have to drop thee kids with Haymitch. before the honeymoon. yay!

5 YEARS LATER
"Luke! Lendsi! come on!" i shout up the stairs. Peeta comes in and wraps his arms around my waist. he kisses my cheek and heads to the oven to start baking just like every morning. two little kids come running over and wrap around my legs. i laugh. they get off and sit down at the table. " how was Haymitch's yesterday?" i ask. putting eggs in the pan.

"good! but he said something weird?" Luke says.

"What?" i ask nervously.

"i asked what you and Daddy do while we're gone." i spit out my water and my eyes widen, looking at Peeta. he looks just as shocked.

"and what did Haymitch tell you?" i ask.

"he said you make babies."Lendsi says. i laugh and look back to Peeta. hes laughing too.

"yeah. dont ask Haymitch about those things. he lies alot." Peeta says. covering up the awkward moment we just had.

"Okay! Mommy! Daddy! he said something else too." Lendsi says.

"oh? and what was that?" i ask.

"something about some game you and Daddy play?" she says.

"was it real or not real?" i ask catiously.

"no. he said it had something to do with hunting and stuff?" Luke says.

"uhhh....did he say what it was called?" Peeta asks.

"i think so. he said it was an old tradition. and he said not to tell you he told us." Lendsi says. i look at Peeta and take a deep breath.

"i'll be right back." i glance at Peeta and walk out, slamming the door behind me. i run into Haymitch's kitchen angrily. "dont tell me kids about the past, Dammit!" i grab his knife and jam it deep into the wood table. i walk back out and head into our house. Peeta is sitting down with the kids eating and he looks at me confused? "Peeta...i think its time to tell them." i say.