Chapter 18

eventually we sit down for an extravagant dinner and then they get to the awards ceremony. i think its funny how after being married for 10 years Peeta still cant keeep from staring at me when i wear dresses.everyone notices it because its like hes in another world where all that exists is me and him, which is how i feel when we kiss. Annie gets a generic award for herself and takes one on behalf of Finnick for Serving on the front line.

Johanna gets one for sacrificing herself for the success of the rebeelion. really? they gave her an award for getting captured? i guess she helped get me out by cutting my tracker out of my arm. although i still have a scar from that. i roll my eyes when they call me and Peeta up together. the other trophies werre small enough to hold in your hands. i gasp when i see ours. since we're married they give us one trophy and let me say it is HUGE! its weighing us down even with us both working to hold it up. then the speech starts. ughhh.

"Katniss and Peeta Mellark! Katniss defied the Capitol, survived the games, became the Mockingjay, and led the rebellion to Victory. Peeta made the ultimate sacrafice and joined the rebellion on the front line as well as going through both games and surviving. these two successfully brought. peace to our nation and will forever be remembered in our history. let us know that they may retire in peace and think on all the trouble they caused." say Paylor. i frown.

"who said we were done causing trouble?" i say sarcastically. everyone laughs at that. we sit down and finish our cake before me and Peeta have to go do an interview. they touch up my hair and makeup and paint flames on my nails. i meet Peeta in the hallway and we realize we have 10 minutes. "but i'll mess up my hair....and you'd end up with makeup all over your face..." i whine.

"fine. just once?"he asks smiling. i nod and he kisses me once. we walk down to the backstage area hand in hand and i sigh when i see the kids standing there with Effie and the prep team.

"Hello...." Effie says, like shes holding a grudge still. i roll my eyes and draww the kids away from her.

then they finally introduce us and we walk out on stage. as usual they start chanting kiss kiss kiss. i wrap my arms around his neck and lean up to kiss him. we kiss for a minute and they finally call us to sit down so they can start.

"Katniss!Peeta! how have you been? we havent seen you in what 10 years!" Cesar says smiling brightly.

"oh, yeah i guess its been a while." Peeta says. we laugh for a second but then snap back.

"So, how is it raising triplets? or close to it?"

"oh you get used to it after 10 years." i say. "but no. they're all wonderful and beautiful." i continue.

"so. 10 years ago, you were in the hospital what once a week? on the battlefields? whats it like with such a lifestyle change." he asks,directing it at me.

"Oh i can definatley say its different but i like it. its calming. its alot less pressure. my Mockingjay days are long oover and  i dont really plan on going back ever again." i say.

"Peeta whats your take on that." he asks

"oh well i wouldnt let her if she tried. i just hate seeing her get hurt. it all definatley was lifechanging though." he says. i laugh and nussle my head on his shoulder. i dont know why but everyones hinting to my heart problem but not saying anything about it. i want to yell but that usually sets off the crued beeping noise.

'"alright well thats all the time we have, happy birthday, Katniss!" and then we kiss for the crowd again. although when we get backstage i hop up and throw my legs around his waist and wrap my arms around his neck as he leans up against the smooth white wall. about 6 minutes later i hear loud beeping and people come running into the area.