Chapter 3

Nagisa's POV

It took about twenty minutes for me to take a shower so I could wash away all the blood. Having in mind that I also needed to bandage my wounds, I grabbed the towel and limped to my bedroom.

It stung when I started to disinfect the cuts on my face, speaking of my face, I almost didn't recognize myself when I gazed at my reflection. My lip was busted up pretty bad, and my nose was twisted in an awkward angle.

I have to put it back in place.

My body shuddered at the thought. For now I'll take care of the minor injuries. Grabbing the hydrogen peroxide, I poured a little over a cloth and placed it over the wounds.

"Fuck..." I hissed. "Goddamn it, that fucking stung."

I wrapped my arms up with the bandages, making sure they were tight but not too tight, but just enough for them to be secured.

Waving my arms around, I found myself wincing at the sting. It's nothing new, really, just the same old pain that poor little me has to deal with almost everyday.

My eyes met with their reflection once again, a sound between a sigh and a whine escaping my lips as I eyes my nose.

"Hah, this should be fun." I took a deep breath and snapped my nose back in its place, crying out at the pain. "Ouch--God, that hurt so bad..."

Blood began to rush down my nose, again, so I used the towel to wipe the majority away.

Once I was sure that no more blood would be dripping from my nose, I took out a set of clothes from my closet and started to get dressed. A black, cotton, long-sleeved shirt, complimented with some jeans that ripped just over my knees and left thigh.

I tied my hair in a low bun before placing a beanie over my head, making sure that I left out a few strands of hair to cover up some of the wounds that were caused by the woman who gave birth to me.

That woman who I still refer to as 'mom' even when she doesn't deserve it.

"If only people could see what happens behind these walls..." I mumbled dryly. "Heh, maybe if people saw how she really was, then she'd go back to the reality of things."

Unfortunately, my mother is a much respected woman here in this neighborhood, so much that nobody dares to mess with her.

In addition to this, I'm a loner kid who is constantly getting picked on at school for having long hair and a non-masculine body shape. Oh, and that's not all, I also get picked on because I'm constantly coming to school with bruises.

People actually think I'm all depressed and shit.

But that's not true, I mean, yes it's true that I don't have the best self-esteem... but I'm not willing to harm myself because of it. I already have mom to do that for me.

Sitting down on my bed, I slipped on my shoes, sighing a little when I had to stand back up to go fetch my scarf and wrap it around my neck.

Long-sleeved shirts, over-sized sweaters, I'm tired of having to hide what she does. I want out. I want to be free from her clutches.

The scars and bruises that she would inflict on me, then turn away and disappear for a weeks time and only send a text whenever she was to return, I'm exhausted of all of that.

And there's nothing I could do about it. Dad bailed on me and got himself another wife and a son, so I can't live with him without feeling the guilt of intruding on his new family.

My other relatives live in another fucking country, and since I'm a loner, I have no friends who could hide me in their homes until I could get a job so I could rent my own apartment.

I grabbed my phone and checked the time. 8:37pm. Might as well go to the grocery store and buy a few things...

Groaning, I dug my phone into my back pocket. She just had to hurt me today, didn't she?

I hate it, I loathe it so bad.

I'm practically all alone in this damned world. I'm small, my body is fragile, I'm literally a doll made of glass walking on rusted nails.

"Why me..."