⚜️2⚜️

{ Elise's PoV}

I stood in front of my bathroom mirror and cried.
Nah jokes, I can't be stupid enough to waste my body's  precious water. But like seriously, my eyes were red and my heart was breaking as I looked at my reflection.

My beautiful lenses which I bought from a sale at Sheilas sat in my palm. I desperately wanted to wear them but knowing David he'd mock me forever. Yesterday, he thankfully hadn't noticed because every time he looked in my direction, I looked down at the floor, but today there was not going to be any excuse. He'd find a way to tell me I was being fake and use my own words at me.

Last year, when I had recently started my job, a bimbo sauntered into the office acting all Queen B. She thought I'd be intimidated by her long legs and 6 inch stiletto heels but she forgot who she was talking to. She was talking to Elise Prayt and I dint take bullshit from strangers.

So I showed the bimbo her place. I mocked her from her mascaraed eyelashes to her surgical ass to her painted nails and in the end, I told her she was all plastic and fake. That day I had heard the worst sounds of crying, and David who was watching the scene, recorded it.  A month after, when I walked in with fake nerdy glasses, David looked at me and said,
" Whats with all the fakeness?" The same words I used on the bimbo and I swear I felt embarrassed. I didn't want to have a repeat ever again.

I looked at my green eyes and cringed. My eyes were the most attractive feature of my dwarf self. It was like all the beauty from my parents genes decided to settle in the orbs only. How unfortunate because I found the colour too basic, I wished I had violet or oceanic blue but I was stuck with green.

The ringtone of my phone broke me from my staring contest. I sighed as I looked at the caller ID, it was 6:30 am but David would never understand.

" Where's the Florida project file?" He rudely spoke.

" David when are you going to learn manners and say 'good morning'?" I said mock scolding him. It was fun pushing his buttons, he got so easily annoyed.

" Don't be my mother and do your job. Tell me where the file is?" He said rudely and I could imagine him pinching the bridge of his nose. I rolled my eyes even in the morning, he's an ass.

" Now don't be so mean. It's in the second last drawer, under the orange file." I said and the ungrateful bastard cut the line. I hadn't even gone to work and I was already feeling the dread.

I dressed in my professional clothes and quickly ate some Cheerios and sipped on Nescafé coffee. Starbucks was way to expensive and I wasn't stupid to waste money by going to buy one. I saw the time on my wristwatch and hurried to my Nissan. Punctuality is all what mattered to David Faverly and so I drove like a maniac in my heels arriving to work just before the clock stuck 8.

I hadn't even taken the third step out of the elevator and David spoke,

" Should we be expecting any ungraceful landings today?" David said and I breathed in deeply.

" Obviously Not boss." I told him giving him a fake smile, "I don't repeat the same mistake again."

" Well then why are you wearing those heels?" He asked looking at me with those blank brown eyes. I huffed and rolled my eyes. I was what you called a high level classified klutz, I'd walk so absentmindedly that one step im standing, the next I'm down. But after being with a pregnant Sophie, I learnt to control myself.