⚜️7⚜️

{Elise's PoV}

" You know what..."I said after having enough of Sophie's silent weeping, "...We're going to waste ourselves by attacking these desserts and you woman," I said pointing towards her, ",are going to go home at midnight."

I switched the neon light that was on the centre to call the waiter. Sophie looked at me with wide eyed but I cared not. I  wasn't going to let her go back home so early. Her asshole of a father would not only affect her but also her baby with his useless negativity.

" Yes evening to you too. I'd like to have some brownies with overloaded chocolate with some vanilla ice cream on the side and 2 large mugs of Indian tea." I said without wasting a second.

The waiter looked at our table and at Sophie before he gave me a megawatt smile, " Make that quick okay." I said and he smiled. He uttered a sure before he disappeared.

" Elise you do know I have to be back at ten." Sophie said disapproval clear in her eyes.

" Nah uh," I said clicking my tongue, " this is the first time in ages you're coming without your husband nagging. And like come on, all the food here is for free, we need to take advantage baby." I said giving her my best puppy dog eyes.

She sighed as her resolve broke. I gave her a megawatt smile. I was seething inside but I still smiled for her. Her sorry excuse of parents were pathetic. They didn't deserve her time. And if I met them by any chance, I wasn't going to spare them.

The waiters placed the desserts on our table and Sophie and I exchanged silly smiled before we ate. It was a good evening. Sophie forgot all about her parents as I made her laugh with my silly jokes and lame puns.

" So is your body from McDonald's," I asked as Sophie took a bite of her ice cream.

" Why, is it because you're loving it?" Sophie asked tilting her head to the side before the both of us laughed loudly. The both of us chuckling like hyenas that the Maitre D' had to approach  us.

Sophie and I exchanged glances and I winked at her. We both ignored the Maitre D' but then he coughed. I continued with my lame puns but the man coughed again, Sophie having pity on  Him talked,

" What's wrong?" She asked giving him an embarrassing smile.

" Ma'am Mr. Larsen called,  he wants to urgently talk to you." The Maitre D'  said looking tensed. I huffed and watched Sophie as she nodded frantically at him. She took her phone out of her pocket to see six missed calls from her lover boy. She dialled his number and I watched amused as she got scolded by Adam. But I couldn't help and feel ignored, Adam was miles away yet he still made me feel like a third wheel.
That possessive man!

Sophie talked to Adam for a while before she dropped me to my apartment.

" Are you sure you don't want to come home?" I asked bending down to the window. She still had a silly smile on her face making me wonder what Adam told her.

" Yes  don't worry about me." She said smiling at me.

" It's not you I'm worried about Okay," I said rolling my eyes, " I'm worried about my baby." I looked at her bulging stomach and gently touched it. I felt the baby move and looked at Sophie with wide eyes. She looked at me and laughed at my expression. But I was shocked. The baby could kick!

" it's playing ball in your stomach!" I said feeling the baby kick again.

Sophie giggled at my perplexed face. Damn I couldn't imagine how she must be feeling with something kicking the walls of her womb. Like as if cramps aren't enough.  I shuddered and bid farewell to her.  I waited till she disappeared and then walked back inside. It was still 11:45 pm. Sleep was far from embracing me and so I switched the tv on and whilst watching Second Wives Club I fell asleep.

~~~~~

I woke up to bright light streaming in from the curtain. Fucking hell man, it was just 9 a.m  and I was already awake. That's what work does to you, it messes your sleep routine. Now that I was awake, I decided to go to the beach. Time to enjoy whatever was left of Summer.

I dressed in my neon blue patterned shorts and an extra loose tank top and flippers. I grabbed my $13 fake ray bands and walked excitedly to my car. I was all so happy to go but hopefully my gas was enough. After checking all the tyres and oil of the car, I left for the beach. With music as my companion, I drove fast. What was the thrill of driving when you can't even speed up?

When I finally stepped foot on the gravel, I could feel the suns heat warm my leg. Although, it was a weekday, the beach was quite full. I squinted my eyes as I looked for a good spot to put my towel. I found an area shadowed by palm trees and smiled. I didn't want to get a tan so the place was perfect. I used small rocks to keep my towel in place before I settled down on my stomach.

Seeing my phone laying lifelessly next to me, I decided to take a selfie.  I gave a goofy smile to the camera  and send  the picture to Almond and Elijah. I wanted to show off to them. Assholes chilled all the time, today was my day. Almond just ignored me but Elijah commented.

" The bitch is at the beach, interesting." He commented and I rolled my eyes as I typed a reply,
" get back to work loser."

I didn't check my phone to see whether Elijah replied or not. I had come to enjoy nature and ignore technology for a while. I was enjoying the serene view, overlooking at the waves before I turned to look at the lodge. It was an executive lodge which opened last year. Apparently, it had one of the best bars and so after lazing around for thirty minutes, I dumped all my things in my car before walking in.

I walked to the table where a handsome hunk was taking orders. He gave me a giant smile before handing me a menu. There'd be no harm in flirting with him but the man was already claimed. The thick silver band around his finger was proof enough. My mouth was watering as I read all the names but the picture of the Berry Punch had all my attention. I ordered one and like a toddler, eagerly waited. I tapped my nails against the wooden surface as I enjoyed the crashing of the waves.

I sipped on the refreshing juice and watched  people as they disappeared to the pool area.  My eyes zeroed on a man who was strolling with a phone on his ear. Who would be foolish to dress in black slacks and a black shirt in this heat? I couldn't help but feel like I knew the person. I kept staring at the man and when he turned, my eyes widened. Lucifer!  What the hell was he doing here at Sandy Point State Park. Wasn't he supposed to go to Panama?

My straw fell out of my mouth making a few sips fall  down my lips. Wiping it with the back of my palm, I strode towards David. Fucker made me work for extra hours and on more files just so that the next day he could come to the beach!
Fucking Asshole!

I watched a bikini clad woman approach him and I rolled my eyes. When will women learn David Faverly doesn't mix pleasure when doing business. I watched amused as the woman tapped David and as they talked , David actually smiled. Oh so they were comfortable with each other. Was she the new fling? I smirked at my wicked thoughts,
Time to let Detective Elise Prayt out!

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

Vote, Comment and Share!

.

.