⚜️13⚜️

ELISE's PoV

Ten minutes, 35 seconds.
That was the time since David broke the news of his mighty mother wanting to meet me.

Ten minutes, 39 seconds, the time I've been staring at his gorgeous face. I could tell he was getting annoyed with my staring but I was expecting him to say something, anything. Maybe an I'm joking even.
He pinched the bridge of his nose before he looked at me.

" I don't pay you to stare at me Elise." David said breaking the silence.

"Unfortunately not. Though I would decline the offer." I retorted shrugging my shoulder.

" Well you wouldn't even be hired." David looked up from his papers , "You're not particularly good to stare back at."
Way to make a girl feel special, Lucifer!

" Tragic! this face has to be your rumoured girlfriend. ," I said pointing to my face before I continued talking, "So one, respect and two help me get rid of this mess."

" It is indeed tragic" David spoke, returning back to signing the paperwork in front of him.

"However you being my girlfriend makes you nonetheless special and No, I can't remove the mess you yourself made."

I huffed out loud and swore a million times at the asshole infront of me . But no matter what, he was right, I had brought this situation upon me.

" Davy, by any chance, do you think I've met you're mother?" I asked Lucifer after a ten second silence. Neither did he look in my direction or stop reading the files in front of him.
How was he so calm through this whole ordeal?

" How will I know if you've met my mother?" David asked annoyed and I sighed. It was worthless asking him a question.
Why did he have be so difficult?
Oh yeah, because he was David Faverly,a classified, certified asshole.

" You know what, I'm taking a break." I announced, without waiting for his permission and walked out
But what a big mistake that was. When they say rumour spreads faster than fire on fuel, they're absolutely fucking right!

The rumour of me and David marrying, as cringeworthy as it was, people were insanely accepting it. Heck, it was so widely spread that the coffee shop staff, 2 blocks down my workplace also knew. I was being observed like a fine specimen under a microscope. And if it wasn't worse already, I found a reporter trying to get a picture of me. I ducked between people till I reached behind the shrub he was hiding. The dimwit was looking where I disappeared when I tapped on his shoulder.

" Excuse me." He turned around to shoo me away when he recognised my face. I passed no complementaries and went straight to the point.

"I see you love going around taking pictures of people without permission." The reporters face paled as I spoke. I was fucking livid and he should be scared, " I think it'll be best if we get you and the company you work for sued...."

I hadn't even completed my sentence and the guy began profusely saying sorry.

" Ma'am I'm extremely sorry. If you want I can delete the pictures immediately, Please, don't report me." The guy begged and I felt sorry for him, the poor soul was just doing his job.

" Okay fine but first let me see the pictures." I demanded and the guy nodded handing me his camera.

Oh, I was extremely awed with the pictures he had taken of me. It looked like I was posing like a model walking through a busy street of Washington.
What a shame it truly was but they had to get deleted. After making sure he deleted the pictures, I walked back towards the company. I was so not ready to face my colleagues. When I was walking out for my self decided break, I could hear their whispers. Everyone was curios to know as to when I was going to get a ring around my finger.

I had just crossed the road and stood in front of the big entrance doors of the office when I got a call. Seeing the name Lucifer across the home screen, I grumbled before answering it. I was so not in the mood to talk to him.

" Where are you?" David barked into the phone and I rolled my eyes.
What a gentleman no?

" In the downstairs lobby ." I lied as I checked my appearance on the glass walls. Hmm the skirt isn't so bad. If I just add some dye to it, it'll definitely be back to perfect. I twirled around and was checking out my precious derrière when David spoke again.

" Really?" He asked

" Yes really! You want some proof." I replied sarcastically as I looked at my back profile.
Yup definitely not bad.
Then why are you still single as a Pringle Elise Prayt?

" I can see you outside the office doors Elise. Stop fucking lying," David said and my eyes widened,
"Come sit in the car and stop making a fool out of yourself." David said.
Fuck he caught me lying.
Double fuck he saw me checking my ass out.
Oh dear lord, please tell me he didn't record me.

I prayed as I swallowed my embarrassment and looked around for his majesty's drive. Finally, I saw the devil. Seated with aviators covering his eyes, he looked straight ahead with his jaw clenched. Fuck, he was pissed. I hurriedly rushed to his Porsche and swore louder when the sunlight reflected from his Rolex watch.
Asshole!

Leaving all comments in my stomach, I silently cried as I sat down. Asshole didn't even let me tie my seatbelt before he drove off. What was I going to do if he randomly just pressed on the gas. I noisily wore the seat belt and sat with my hands folded.

" You forgot what day it is again?" David said and I looked in his direction. My lips were sealed and I was so not going to reply. Why was he even asking such a question? Couldn't he simply just remind me what it I forgot. My eyes drifted to the dashboard when my eyes widened and I looked in his direction.

"No ways, today is the 23rd!" I screeched in disbelief, my eyes widened and my lips agape. I looked at David who gave a simple nod and I swore, what the bloody hell how could I have possibly forgotten such an important date?
Oh dear lord, I was indeed so foolish!

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share!

.