⚜️18 ⚜️

ELISE's PoV

They say always expect the unexpected but I surely wasn't ready to accept the woman in front of me was David's mother. Other than the brown eyes and straight nose, they didn't look alike. I stood confused as David and her were rudely conversing in a foreign language.

I was busy trying to figure why she'd tell me her surname was Thompson and not Faverly. I was still in the midst of digesting the fact that she was David's mother and thus when she stared at me, my voice evaporated. I knew an interrogation was going to happen and I wanted nothing but to get far away from here. Would it be rude to excuse myself? My glass needed a refill and what better time to escape then now. But I knew I couldn't leave, not with the way Freya looked at me. Did I miss out on the question she asked?

Thankfully David replied, "We've know each other for 2 years."

" Oh! Why am I getting to meet her only now?" Freya shot another question and I almost cringed.

I knew the woman would be curious about mine and David's relationship,  but I wasn't expecting her to question us in a social gathering. We were saved by the MC who announced everyone to have a seat. I held David's arm and slowed his pace, letting Freya walk further in front of us.

" Why didn't you tell me your mother was coming?" I whisper yelled at David. I was embarrassed, annoyed and somehow angry with myself.

"Would it make a difference if I did?" He asked and I almost swore.

" Obviously it would! Gosh I met her in the bathroom. Freaking hell, I borrowed her lipstick and you know what! She introduced herself as Freya Thompson!" I ranted angrily.

"Yeah so?" David said nonchalantly and I looked at him with wide eyes.

Did he not see how distressed I was? I was freaking out. The woman was the most important woman in David's life and I nearly made a fool out of myself.

" What do you mean So?" I looked at him quizzical, "Why didn't she say Faverly?"

" It's her fathers name." David said looking down at me, " If you knew my mum wanted to meet you, why didn't you do some research?"

" Excuse me! You just told me this morning, how was I supposed to do some research?" I said mocking him in the end.

The asshole just ignored my question and walked ahead of me.I saw the table was occupied with most of the shareholders of Power&Co. David pulled out my chair for me and I controlled the urge to roll my eyes. Looks like he was still acting like we were a couple in front of the shareholders. I greeted all of them before settling down. David's father nodded in my direction and I felt like drowning myself in a pool.

Derek Faverly personally knew how David and I argued. He had witnessed it a couple of times. Once he even heard me call David a Bastard and the look he gave me was almost comical. I desperately wanted to talk to David's parents and clear the misconception but the table was quiet. I wasn't going to be foolish enough to give the perked ears a chance.

I ignored David and waited impatiently for the event to commence. Prince Enrique finally arrived at 10 pm. Rudely unpunctual or must I say fashionable late, he sauntered in the hall with a date on his arm. Everyone stood up in respect and I almost rolled my eyes. I clapped my hands along with the others when my eyes zeroed on the girl with the Prince. She seemed familiar and when I stared at her for a minute longer, I nearly tripped on my dress.
Fucking hell! Iris was here too!

I quickly bent down acting like as if I was picking something. In reality, I was hiding my face. I was glad we weren't right in line with the prince so if she looked around, she wouldn't see me. I turned back to see her settle down on a table with...Was that Drew and Lucas?
Fuck!
Oh God, did all of them have to be here tonight?
I was so dreading the confrontation that was to come.

~~~~~

After the boring introductions and speech by the prince, the winners were announced. Diverse companies were chosen with the Larsens being one of the fortunate ones. And since Adam wasn't here, David took the honours of going on behalf of him.
After all, the two companies worked hand in hand.

I watched David as he strode to the stage and hugged Enrique. He thanked the Prince and praised Adam.I almost swooned but stopped myself when I saw him stop at the bitches aka Iris's  table and hug her too. She gave him a megawatt smile and I almost rolled my eyes, her charm wasn't going to work on Lucifer. But I just jinxed myself cause the next thing I saw, was David sitting on the seat next to hers. The two talked like long lost friends. I clenched my jaw and watched their interaction, almost jealous.

I excused myself from the table in need of a drink. If I was going to meet them, I didn't want to be sober. I reached the bar and asked for a cocktail. It was the best I could have without turning a drunken mess. I bent and watched as the bartender mixed different drinks when I felt a glare pierce my back. I wanted to straighten my posture but that would going to indicate that I knew.

" Drinking with an empty stomach isn't advisable." I felt him before I heard him. I fisted my palm and felt my nails sink in palm.

" That's rich coming from you." I said after a tensed silence. He chuckled at my response and I rolled my eyes. Why did he, out of all, have to talk to me first?

"I've quit drinking." He muttered.

" Congratulations, you've achieved the impossible." I said sarcastically, still not sparing him a glance.

" How long will you ignore me?" He asked quietly.

"You know it wasn't in my control Eli, nothing was" He said sounding desperate but I wasn't falling for it. He hadn't said a word, not a single fucking word when I was desperate and crying. He just stood like a bystander despite knowing me.

" Is that what you're going to say?" I said chuckling bitterly.

"You're not supposed to be talking to me, remember." I told him tilting my head to the side to finally look at him.

Fresh shaven jaw with brown hair swept to one side, he looked handsome. His dark blue tux emphasised his green eyes and his earring glinted in the light. I caught my breath, he seemed good. Much more healthier than the last time I'd seen him. His skinny bones were replaced with lean muscle. The scar beneath his eyebrow was fading and dark circles were no longer an unwanted accessory. Lucas Antonio almost looked unrecognisable but I'd know those eyes anywhere.
After all, Who said relationships are only based on blood? 

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share!

.