⚜️21 ⚜️

{ ELISE's POV}

It was 8 am, any normal person would be sleeping after having a hectic night. But unfortunate I, Who happened to be Lucifers secretory, couldn't have a break. At 6 in the morning, I had already gotten a call from the Devil himself. We had an unexpected meeting with a new investor at 9 am and so I reluctantly had to drag my ass out of bed.

I was grateful for Adam's company being the brother company to Power&Co because that meant I could always turn up to Rose, Adams secretory, in emergencies. And me not having any clothes was the biggest crisis I was having currently. Thus after asking he
r to deliver a pair of work clothes for me, I freshened up and walked downstairs for breakfast.

My eyes had big dark circles under them and my hair, despite being in a bun, looked unkept. In short I not only felt but also looked ridiculous. I know Chicken Mayo Sandwiches with Spicy Chips wasn't an ideal breakfast, but I was starving. And a chicken sandwich sounded so good! Thus I ignored the weird look the waiter sent me whilst taking my order and turned my attention to the scrambling New Yorkers beneath my feet. The glass walls shielded their guests from the scorching New York heat yet still offered an exceptional view.  After all, it was a Larsons hotel, every inch was carefully crafted.

I passed time watching people move about, I hadn't eaten anything last night and my stomach was grumbling. But my order was unusual so I had to wait. Nonetheless,  I attacked my delicious breakfast as soon as the waiter placed it down. One bite into the creamy goodness and I was a goner. Damn, it was too good but I wanted some Ketchup to make it more saucy.

I turned around to call a waiter when I nearly choked on the chips at the sight in front of me, and the irony was, it was none other than myself!
My face was sprawled across the mounted flat  television like confetti and My life seemed to be more interesting then the Kardashians themselves. And there was no one to credit expect the Paparazzi and Lucifer himself.

Not only did the paparazzi want to claim I was pregnant, soon to be a Faverly lady, but they also wanted to add in more salt by saying I slept with David to gain my position. And if that wasn't enough, another article had a picture of me walking out with tears and David kissing Iris's palm, stating that I might even just be a gold digger.

It was interesting how I was getting to know things about me which I myself didn't know. Yeah, the paparazzi truly knew  how to spice my world up but i wouldn't have been in their limelight without David fucking faverly kissing me. I was so angry with him. Why was he being silent regarding all this fiasco and most importantly, He could shut these rumors up immediately but he wasn't. I'm sure the devil was scheming something and I was itching to know just what.

{DAVID's POV}

The worst thing to ever experience in your life is getting chastised by your brother for something you were already disappointed about.

"Elise! Out of all the women in the world you had to kiss her!" Adam asked with disbelief but I opted to ignore him.

I didn't know what to answer him because I myself was confused.
Why would you kiss her David?
I knew she looked enchanting in that green dress of hers. She had bewitched everyone last night with her simplicity.
But the most, me.
I don't know what had prompted me to touch those sinister lips of hers, but I knew I had to have a taste of them . And when I did, they left me spellbound.
How could a pair of lips make me drunk with just the first touch?

I was captivated and you could tell even via the picture portrayed in the newspaper, so  then why was I trying to regret kissing her now? My actions ruined work morale and now working alongside her was going to be awkward. Or was It really?
I hoped Elise didn't bring it up. But even if she didn't the fucking paparazzi already did, it was moments before she was going to as well.

"Adam, why don't you look at it in a positive light..." My publicist said.

She had remained silent the whole time, assessing the tension between Adam and I, before she spoke.

" ...David hadn't made an appearance in over 8 months, people were getting curios and what's better than to come back with a bang!"
She said trying to be the ever optimistic person she was but unfortunately it wasn't helping.
We all knew I messed up!

" Yeah, he definitely came back with apparently banging Elise!" Adam said furiously in her direction before turning his glare back at me.

"Have you forgotten who's shadowing her dumbass? " Adam asked and it was like a bucket of cold water being thrown at me. I looked up at him and his next words made me still,

" He saw the kiss last night and trust me, he didn't like what he saw."

Fuck! How was I going to explain myself now?

Last night, I had no choice but to turn to my rock, my hermano. I urged him to fly immediately to New York and sensing the panic in my voice, he rushed.
Luckily, he hadn't heard the news from any channel but straight from my mouth.

His stoic expression ,when I told him my mother assumed like the rest of the world that Elise was pregnant, will forever be etched in my memory.

It was the crack of dawn, he just got of his jet and he paused with the the only word escaping his thoughts being, How?
A resounding question which echoed in the silence.
And I had no reply.

And now here we were, 3 hours down time with him reminding me of how Elise was related to the Antonio's, in particular Andrew.

Andrew Antonio was a sly bastard who played his cards very well. Not only did he tackle law but with the way Adam was looking at me, I knew he was going to try to mess my life up. Especially cause I got intimate with Elise.
The rule was stare, look but never touch. How could I've forgotten?

"Hermano, can we discuss the consequences of my actions later on..." I said, " ...I have a meeting I need to attend to urgently."

I knew my statement was like adding fuel to fire and Adam's expression said it all, he was livid! But I had to excuse myself and so I watched as he slammed the door on my face and walked out.

I huffed and stood up from my chair. I was dreading the upcoming meeting, not cause of the potential partner, but due to a certain green eyed beauty who also happened to be my secretory.
Why Elise, why did I have to loose control in front of you?

~~~~~~~

Vote, comment and Share!

.