Part Three

When my body hit the ground, I should've felt it. I know I should have. I didn't. Instead, everything felt numb. I could hear things, but the ringing was easier to listen to. I suppose I should have been afraid, but I had somehow grown used to it. I just felt cold. Blue, familiar eyes flashed at me before shadows began to appear. Faint growling could be heard, and metals clashed. I blinked, and suddenly I was fully conscious. A scream tore at my throat as the beast that attacked me leapt at something. Another creature, a smaller one, fought valiantly, and, despite the size difference, the odds were in the smaller beast's favour. I crawled painfully to my feet and began staggering in the opposite direction. I had to escape. Even if I didn't make it, I was glad that Westley had.

"Tell me," the younger one growled, making me freeze, "what do you want with the girl?"
His voice sounded so human. I turned to see the larger one with a harsh, metal sword at its throat. The smaller one, visible only by its blue eyes and glowing red armour, glared down at the cowering beast.

"It's you!" I gasped, recognising his eyes.

The forest. He had been there, in the woods, when I had. This wasn't the first time we had met. For a moment, the smaller one looked to me, something unrecognisable flashing in his eyes before he focused back on his battle.

The larger one spat out a dark liquid, most likely blood. "You really are foolish, young trollhunter. Do tell, what do you see when you look into the girl's eyes?"

Once again, all eyes were on me. I suddenly became conscious of the blood and bruises scattered over my body. Trollhunter? What did any of that mean? The blue eyes widened as he stared.

"Morgana," he whispered in shock.

Morgana? 

The larger barked a laugh, "You insolent trolls thought the Eternal Night was gone forever! A force of unimaginable power will arise, and take her as the Queen of the Night!"
And with that, he drew the sword sharply into his chest. Immediately, his body turned to stone and, with a shove of his body, the stone statue broke into many pieces. The smaller beast let out a frustrated cry, before cautiously facing myself. It was three steps away from the moon's light. Three steps away from exposing his appearance.

"Please don't be afraid," he whispered, and I found myself nodding shortly.

And then, he stepped forward. In a way, he didn't look like the other creature. While the large one had held a dark aura, this one was light. His skin was blue, yet his facial features held a human-like quality than the other. Spiked, messy black hair covered the base of two protruding horns. An underbite of two, large teeth were apparent, and my eyes met his. Once again, I was struck by the beauty of the glowing, blue eyes. For a moment, the world around us stilled. I broke the trance by glancing at his armour. Silver, with various lines of glowing red. I watched in awe as his sword dissolved into a cloud of red dust, and he raised his hand. Four fingers.

"W-what are you?" I cried, and he looked down slightly.

"I was human," he began, and once again I was surprised at how human he seemed, "but now I'm a troll. Look, Romera, you've seen a lot of things that I can't explain right now-"
I cut him off, "How do you know my name? What is a troll? Wh-what was that thing talking about? You- I- Oh god, are you going to kill me?"
His eyes flashed from calm to surprised, "What? No-"
"I don't want to die," I admitted hastily, feeling tears, once more, well in my eyes, "I really don't want to die!"
The troll smiled softly, "Romera, I promise, I won't hurt you."
He seemed like he was telling the truth, so I nodded quickly. Quickly wiping the tears off my cheeks, I swallowed the lump in my throat.

"O-okay," I agreed, but my heart was still racing.

"I am not like the other troll," he assured me, "I make sure that events like these don't- don't happen."