Someone's Someone - Chapter Twenty One

Henna....

Ugh! I feel pants. Pants with a capital P.

It took me ages to eventually drift off to sleep. It took me ages to stop seeing images of Danny in my head.

Images of his hair.

His beard.

His moustache.

His chest.

His eyes.

His smile.

His everything.

There's an intriguing newness to Danny. A newness that is growing all around him and rooting itself deep inside of him. I like being witness to it all, but it's really not helping with my under-eye bags.

Even though I know I have slept, I know I haven't slept nearly enough. I still feel worn out. Like I'm in a permanent state of jet lag or something. Having a cat-like stretch, I decide that a shower might help. A shower and a sandwich.

**

In my comfy velour loungewear, with my hair all freshly washed and conditioned, I roam the house in bare and quiet feet. I don't yet know where Danny is, but I oddly can't wait to see him. I've been feeling like this a lot lately. I look forward to seeing his face. I look forward to just being around him. Since this morning, that feeling seems to have only intensified.

I hope I might bump into him coming out of his bedroom, I don't.

I hope we might cross paths on the stairs, we don't.

I hope to maybe find him in the living room, I don't.

So by the time I get to the kitchen, the need to see him feels like a heavy rock being carried around in my stomach.

"Hey, I heard you getting up, so I've made you a sandwich." Danny still looks just as well and still as lovely as I remembered.

Feeling calmer at the sight of him, I relax as I walk deeper into the kitchen. "If you grab me a yoghurt from the fridge as well, I'll love you forever." I joke, eyeing up the cheese and cucumber sandwich that he's just so kindly cut in half for me.

"If I also throw in a cup of tea, that makes me marriage material, right?" Danny jokes back, looking more and more appealing from where I am standing.

In a bubbly voice, I happily smile his way. "Oh, absolutely!"

With relaxed and fluid movements, Danny walks across the kitchen floor and hands me a mango and passion fruit yoghurt, with a little teaspoon to eat it with. "There you go." He's grinning, looking the most happiest I have ever seen him.

Peeling off the lid, I give it a quick and very firm lick with my tongue. Danny watches me, watches me with a smile reaching the farthest corners of his eyes. "What?" I ask, uncontrollably grinning at him.

Shaking his head softly, Danny is still smiling about me, but all to himself. "You. You make me laugh."

"Why?" His brown eyes look from me, to the lid of the yoghurt, then back to me. When I realise why, my reply is even more playful. "Are you not a fellow yoghurt lid-licker? Because if you're not, I'm seriously going to have to rethink whether you really are marriage material."

Danny grabs the flimsy lid from between my fingers, then promptly licks it in the same way that I just had. With all the yoghurt now gone, he hands it back to me with a satisfied smirk upon his face. "There you go."