Bad Timing

Summary: Tony and Violet run into one of Tony's exes at a diner and Violet becomes jealous of his past relationship with her. 

Notes: I changed this section into a collection of one shots that's why there's multiple parts to this story even though they don't cohesively flow together!

Friday afternoons were her particular favorite time of the week. Her and Tony drove to the new diner in town and shared an ice cream and fries together. She had been going steady with Tony for a few weeks now and her life seemed to be coming together. Aside from the super hero work, she enjoyed her quiet moments with Tony. Dating him was, new. Going from the shyest girl in high school to a super star alongside her sociable boyfriend made for quiet the match. Girls glared at her in the hallway knowing Tony chose her instead of them. In the past, this would have bothered her to see girls her age dislikes her, but Tony always reassured her that those girls didn't matter even if he did have a past with them.

They sat in the same secluded booth in the very corner of the diner and laughed as strange people came in.

"Oh look at that guy! He's wearing some funny glasses," Violet laughed and pointed to the man

"See that lady over there? She's got some serious style issues," he giggled back.

He grabbed her hand and their fingers intertwined. She rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes. He smelled like mint and the shallows of his breathing calmed her. He was her safe place when she wasn't being threatened by villains and daily crime around the city.

"May I take your order?" a girl with long blonde hair and brown eyes greeted them. She looked familiar.

"Tony?" the girl smiled.

Tony sat up and adjusted himself, letting Violet's head off of his shoulder. He appeared nervous.

"Elizabeth?" he waved back. Violet's eyes shot open to find the girl and Tony exchanging smiles and waves. She felt her stomach plummet.

"Who is this with you?"

"Oh! This is my girlfriend Violet."

The girl half smiled and extended her hand out to shake Violet's. "Nice to meet you Violet. I'm Elizabeth. Tony and I have been good friend since the fourth grade," she explained.

Often times she didn't become jealous of Tony's run in with his past "girl-friends", but Elizabeth gave her a weird impression.

"Nice to meet you too," she said barely audible.

"What can I get you two today?" Elizabeth flipped open her notebook tapping the pen to her lips

Tony stared at the menu. He never took this long to order, because they ordered the same thing every day.

"Hmm we'll both split a vanilla milkshake and a side of medium fries,"

Elizabeth batted her eyelashes for a moment then took the menu from him, lightly brushing the tips of his fingers then turned away, her hair whipping softly behind her.

Violet turned to face Tony.

"Who was that?"

"Just some girl...I once knew" he hesitated. Although being psychic wasn't her super power, she could tell he was hiding something else.

"Some girl?"

"Yeah, we had school together for a little while and were friends," he quietly said looking down at the table.

The 20 minutes of silence between them killed her. He was staying too quiet and she wasn't going to ask any questions. Mainly to keep from crying and embarrassing herself. She tried to keep the tears from welling in her eyes and stared down at the floor for most of the wait.

"Here's one milkshake and fries," Elizabeth returned and placed the food in front of Tony only. He thanked her and she slipped him a toothy grin.

He moved the food to between the both of them and started sipping on the milkshake. Violet sat with her head down and wiped her fingers underneath her eyes. It took him several seconds to realize something was wrong.

"Hey babe, are you okay?" he rubbed her arm.

She pulled away quickly. The tears were now flooding from her eyes. Stupid hormones. Words felt like sandpaper in her throat. She couldn't even form one sentence to communicate.

"Violet did I do something wrong?"

"You should know Tony," she choked.

"Vi is this about Elizabeth? No Vi, she's just a friend of mine," he hushed her.

She didn't budge from her spot in the booth.

"She seemed to talk to you like more than just friends..."

"No that's all we are! I swear on my life. We dated in middle school years ago, but now I'm with you. She doesn't matter," he protested.

Silence filled their atmosphere. "So, if something happened between us, would I matter to you?" she questioned him.

He could clearly see the hurt in her eyes and the pinkness of her cheeks gave away how upset she truly was. Did he say the wrong things at the wrong time? He wasn't letting some girl take away his care for Violet. He wrapped his arm around her waist and brought her closer to him. He did care for her so much. The shakiness of her breath made him tear up too.

"I- was waiting to say this in a more romantic setting," he knew it was the right time to say it to her.

"Violet Parr, I-I love you. I really love you. For who you are as a person, as a hero, and as the best thing that's ever happened to me. I've never been in love before until you came along. Now I feel like we are so connected compared to a year ago and I want you in my life forever," the words lingered and tingled on the tip of his tongue.

She turned to look into his brown eyes, filled with tears. "I-I love you too Tony Rydinger,"

He leaned in to kiss her softly on the lips. A familiar gesture he would never get tired of.