"The Talk"

Summary: Violet's mother realizes how serious her and Tony's relationship is going and finally decides it's time to have the dreaded "talk" with her daughter. 

A/N: I just thought this would be a cute and kinda typical teenage thing to write about! 

This was the type of talk Violet was dreading for quite a while. Quite a few months had passed since her and Tony became official, and things were moving quite smoothly. At school, they held hands and always teased one another about the time he forgot her. Thankfully Dicker designed a new method of therapy used for civilians who had their memories erased to regain the lost memories prior to seeing a super. Luckily for Tony, the technique worked and he could recollect when he first saw Violet throw down her mask in front of him. Now that he was aware of her powers, he liked her even more.

They would frequently go trade houses to do homework and to watch movies, and would go on ice cream dates after school. Never had she imagined that dating the most popular kid in school would actually turn out to be a positive experience. After all, she did have the world's biggest crush on him for ages.

Her family was well aware of her and Tony as well. Of course, she had to withstand the "be carefuls" from her mother, the teasing's from her father, and the annoyance of her little brother, but Tony didn't seem to mind at all. In fact, he often would offer to baby sit Dash or Jack-Jack on weekends while the family was out fighting crime. She really appreciated his kindness and so did her family.

After dinners, her and her mother cleaned up the table and washed the dishes while chatting about each of their days. She enjoyed this new bonding time with her mother. Being surrounded by boys all of the time drove her slightly crazy. It was nice to have some mother-daughter time every once in a while.

"So Vi, how was school today?" her mother asked

"Oh nothing new, just some quizzes in my classes. Tony helped me out with a few questions," she smugly smiled while drying a plate.

"Cheating young lady? That's not like you," she chuckled.

"Mom- it wasn't exactly cheating, he just gave me a little help to finish the rest of the quiz. Don't worry, the teachers didn't see...me..."

"Using your powers to cheat is not right and you know that," she said half joking.

"I know, I just needed some answers so I could spend more time with-"

"With- Tony? I see. Vi speaking of him, we need to talk about something," she breathed and whipped the tower over her shoulder.

Violet's heart began to beat faster. Every time her mother brought up something important she knew to be serious. 

"Yeah? What about?" she questioned.

Her mother took a breath. "Well.. We need to just discuss things about you and Tony,.

Violet raised in eyebrow. "We're doing fine mom. I told you that. I tell you that every day," she said sternly.

"I know, I know. It's just we need to have a little more in-depth conversation about another topic," she hinted.

Violet could sense where this was going.

"Is this about being a good person and not letting my abilities get me ahead in school? Because if that's what you're worried about you don't have to worry I got it under control-"

"No, this is about, well- intimacy," her mother made direct eye contact.

She could feel the redness on her cheeks flare and her stomach grew queasy. Knowing this day would come up she purposefully avoided any and all conversation about her and Tony's relationship that would potentially evoke the upcoming subject.

Her mother rested a hand on her shoulder attempting to give a more calmer and open presence. "Vi, I thought it was time I give you the birds and the bees talk."

"Birds and the bees?" she scoffed.

"I realize you and Tony are getting close and I thought it was the right time since you're now 15 and we can have this conversation without it being too awkward."

"Well I gotta go do some homework for tomorrow. You know, study up on those quizzes so I don't have to ask my boyfriend again for assistance..." she trailed off.

"I think we need to have this sorta talk now instead of later. I know it's not the thing you wanted  to hear from me ever, but you're growing into a woman now with a serious boyfriend. I just want to be the mother who can inform you on things in life and to answer your questions." Hearing these words from her mother was a little strange. She could tell she just hoped to help out, but talking about private things weren't entirely up Violet's alley. 

After washing the dishes and cleaning up the kitchen her and her mother sat on the back porch to watch the sunset. Violet was exceedingly nervous for the intimacy talk her mother seemed to be so adamant about. Things seemed to be getting a little too personal now between her and her mother, not that she disliked the closeness, but when it came to private stuff about her and Tony, it drove her insane.

She watched as the colors of the blue sky faded into a deep orange and pink blend. It reminded her of her and Tony's date the other day after working at the Happy Plater. They both were sitting outside the restaurant when Tony told her he loved her then shared a passionate kiss. It was a moment she would forever hold on to.

Her mother came back with warm tea in her hand and some comfy clothes. It looked like they were going to be a while.

"I know this is going to be very awkward, and I can't really do anything to make it less awkward. But you need to trust me and I just want you to know you can ask me any questions throughout the talk and whenever you need to," her mother affirmed.

Violet tore her eyes away from the sunset to meet her mother's. She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly opening up her eyes again.

"Okay mom, we can start."

After approximately two hours later of embarrassment and a little bit of intriguing information the chat was finally over. She learned more about the birds and the bees than she found useful. Adding the fact that birds and bees most definitely had nothing to do with actual animals and insects. It could be for the fact that being a teenager brought certain limitations, but transforming more into a women everyday presented challenges of its own.

"Being a woman is a beautiful thing, but you know now that it comes with precautions. I just wanted you to be aware of the challenges up ahead. You're a smart girl Vi, and I trust you with Tony and what you two are doing. Just always be careful," she smiled at her daughter.

A pang of thankfulness hit her. Her mother may be a nagging parent at times, but without her guidance she would be lost. Especially if she was the only girl in the entire house. She planned on not telling Tony about this since it was a bonding moment between her and her mother that she found very special.