Sickie

Summary: Violet comes down with a nasty cold and misses several days of school. Tony comes over to comfort and take care of her (So fluffy!!) 

Just hold it in this one time... Violet leaped out of bed to run to the bathroom around the corner. She had forgotten to put on her slippers before touching the frigid linoleum tiling.  Her long hair swung in front of her face as she plunged face first into the toilet. Clutching her sick stomach she groaned and let her body release the built up tension.

This had been the fourth day in a row that her supposed "1 day stomach bug" had been attacking her physically and mentally. Her mother called Violet in sick yet again- letting the teachers know that her daughter had caught the virus lingering around at school. She would have to miss math again and go another day without seeing Tony. Luckily he agreed to see her after school that day to help her catch up on missed homework. She warned him that he would probably catch whatever infection she had, but he insisted on coming over and taking care of her. 

She spent the entire day curled up on the couch in a heap of blankets, careful not to get too dizzy while watching tv. The garbage can was nearby in case another accident happened when unexpected. Her mom called in Kari to take care of Jack-Jack over at her house instead of having Violet be the designated babysitter. Jack-Jack was too vulnerable to be around his sister when she had the worst flu ever. At precisely 4:00pm her father called to check in on her. 

"How ya doin' Vi? Holding down the fort?"

She groaned. "Yeah dad exactly that."

"Well-on the bright side we're ordering pizza tonight. I think you could hold that down couldn't ya?" 

Glancing into the garbage can again she tore her eyes away from the thought. "Um I don't think I'll be eating tonight."

"It's alright, mom has soup in the fridge." 

"Thanks dad," she coughed. Outside she noticed a tall figure standing by the bushes at the front door. Tony. 

"Hey uh- I gotta go, I think the phone battery is dying."

"Okay honey, get some rest. We will be back by 6:00."

"Okay, love you." she hung up the phone thing sprung from the couch. 

As she began to rush to the door, the room began to spin faster and faster, not realizing she got up too fast. Tony outside could see her stumble onto the floor and opened the front door faster than she could get there. He helped her up from the floor and embraced her in a long hug. 

"Hey there," he chuckled. She still managed to pull herself together enough to forget the sickness and speak to her boyfriend. 

"Hey Tony, sorry I couldn't make it to the door..." she trailed off. 

"Vi don't worry about it, I could tell you didn't feel any better today than yesterday."

She slumped her shoulders. "I keep getting worse, and that means I'm four days behind math, science, writing, English-"

"Violet, don't worry. I have your work and I will help you with everything." He smiled and brushed a long piece of hair behind her ear. 

"Everything? Tony you don't have to do that...I'll figure it out." 

"Of course I'm going to help you, come on let us get started." he guided her towards the couch and the massive heap of messy blankets. 

-

After a few hours of attempting to study, she fell asleep on Tony's lap. He played with her long hair and clicked through the tv channels. Nothing good besides horror movies were on in October. Him and Violet despised anything scary mainly because it would cause Tony to loose his man card and in front of Violet he wanted to act tough. He felt her move on his lap, her eyes slowly opening to face his gentle gaze. 

"Hey Tony," she said sleepily.

"Hey Vi, how was your nap?"

"I didn't even notice I feel asleep. I just sorta happened." she stretched and worked her way to sitting up. 

He hoisted her up besides him and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her closer. She snuggled her head in the crook of his neck and watching the sitcom playing on tv. 

"I wasn't sure what to watch, so this is the best we have," he laughed. 

She turned her face to his. "It's fine, whatever works." 

He continued to stare into her violet eyes- both simultaneously closing their eyes and leaning in for a kiss. She hadn't been able to kiss him for nearly a week and boy did she miss the butterflies that kicked in her stomach. 

"Tony-" she pulled away. "You're going to catch my sickness." 

He opened his eyes and sighed. "You're right. But I just missed you." 

She smiled then proceeded to cuddle him. 

-

Later that night she woke up in her own room. The clock read 2:00am. She panicked realizing she never finished the rest of her homework. Flying out of bed she ran over to her backpack to find a stack of homework. Frantically flipping through the pages unfamiliar handwriting stood out. The work done resembled the handwriting of someone familiar. Tony. He had done all of her missed homework completed front to back in every subject she missed. She did not deserve someone as good as him.