Happily Ever After Dance

Summary: Tony and Violet attend their school dance and share some tender moments. 

Saturday at precisely 8pm would be her first dance with Tony Rydinger, and she was way too anxious to even think of what was going to happen over those four hours at the Happily Ever After dance.

On Thursday of the previous week Tony had asked her if she wanted to attend the dance with him. They were both sitting on her bed doing homework (or mostly just goofing off) when he stopped talking and sheepishly looked at the floor. Judging from his odd mannerisms she grabbed his hand and locked her fingers with his, moving his hand side to side.

"Hey, are you going to tell me what's wrong?" she tried to catch his eye but he continued to star intensely at the rug beneath her bed.

"Yeah...everything is alright. I'm just thinking that's all," he commented.

She let go of locking with his fingers and slid her hand down his shoulder. He finally made eye contact with her. She was beautiful. Deep blue eyes, a small nose and pink rosy cheeks. The one person he could stare at all day was his girlfriend. Thinking about the dance made him nervous. Not because he was scared to dance with Violet, but because he was afraid of the reaction she would have when he asked her. He knew their relationship wasn't too developed yet and the dance was just a few days away. He had planned on asking her in a cute way at school, but avoided it due to Violet's dislike to attention.

"Violet, I've been meaning to ask you this for a few days now," he begun.

She watched as he nervously exhaled and he grabbed both of her hands from her lap.

"Would you like to go to the Happily Ever After dance with me next Saturday?"

Violet's eyes widened. He wasn't sure how she was feeling, until suddenly he was being tightly embraced by her arms. She hugged him tightly and whispered yes into his ear, giggling.

"Why were you so nervous to ask? I could tell something was on your mind and it was making me a little worried," she playfully crossed her arms.

He reached up to scratch his head. "I dunno, I didn't want you to think that things were moving too fast. I had a tendency to do that in the past and I didn't want to rush things with you."

The tender words he spoke always reassured her that he was a good boyfriend. A fantastic boyfriend. "Of course, Tony. Thank you for taking things slow."

For Violet's first boyfriend she actually enjoyed the slow pace. The moments she dreamed of in the past with Tony being her boyfriend were now becoming a reality. She would have day dreams in class about the two of them holding hands, walking to the park, and doing cute couple things. It wasn't until Tony's frequent glances over at her in her history class when she realized that those looks were intentional.

-

"Alright Vi, take a look," her mom spun her around to look into the mirror.

"Are you sure this isn't too much? I don't want to stand out that much..."

She turned from her mother who was putting the final touches on her hair and viewed herself in the mirror. She smiled at her appearance. For once she felt absolutely radiant. Thanks to her mother's makeup and hair skills she was able to make her look irresistible. Her long dark curls were pulled out of her face with a sparkly headband. She was wearing a knee length light purple flowy dress with layers, with a white sparkly cardigan. Her eyeshadow was a shimmery silver and her cheeks were painted with a little blush.