Stay With Me?

Summary: College age Violet has insomnia and wishes Tony would spend the night with her... (sorry it's so short it was supposed to be short actually!)

It was just too difficult to sleep without him. At precisely 2am on Saturday she rolled over to reach out to grab the telephone and squinted to see the numbers faded on the dial. Her college had been equipped with the worse forms of technology, making it difficult to do anything really. The past four weeks of the new semester she diagnosed herself with a bad case of insomnia. Mainly because for the last year and half she usually had Tony spend the night and would snuggle up against him to fall asleep. Now that her and Tony were physically separated, the lack of sleep became a familiar feeling.

The phone buzzed as she fumbled in the dark to dial Tony's number. Although she knew he was a light sleeper, she felt bad for calling him in the early mornings when he had work in a few hours. The phone dialed a few times before a very groggy and sleepy voiced answered "hello?"

"Hey babe, it's me," Violet said quietly. A few seconds passed before she heard the covers shuffle and the click of a light turn on.

"Hey Vi, what are you doing still up? Don't you have work tomorrow too?" he asked. She sighed.

"I do- it's just, I- I'm having a lot of trouble sleeping..."

She glanced up at the ceiling in her dark dorm and prayed her next-door neighbors didn't hear her talking.

"What's wrong? Are you alright?"

She felt tears well up in her eyes. "It's just- It's been hard adjusting from being away from my family, and- you," she sobbed a little harder and felt the tears drip onto her pillowcase.

The pain in her voice made Tony want to jump right through the phone to hold his girlfriend. He felt guilty for not being able to comfort her when she most needed him. Luckily Tony's college was located two hours from Violet's but visiting was already hard with his part time job and pre-med major. Both of their time had been consumed with the busy everyday tasks to survive as a college student.

"I know. It's been hard on me too, but you're strong Vi. Don't forget I love you so much," he reassured. Knowing they'd be apart for most of the four years drove Tony insane and every moment he had wished they had chosen the same school so that Violet wouldn't have to be alone.

"I love you too," she sniffled loudly.

"I'm going to get some sleep but call me as soon as you wake up, so I can hear your voice before I work tomorrow okay?"

Violet drew the covers up to her chin and sank lower into the pillows. "Okay."

The phone clicked, and Tony's voice was silenced. Feeling the weight of her eyelids she unknowingly slipped into a deep sleep and dropped the phone onto the floor.

At 4am she felt something off in her room. Her eyes flung open and she carefully scanned the small dorm. Everything seemed to be in place accept for a pair of shoes lying neatly next to hers. Tony? Dismissing the shoes, she turned to face the other side of the wall to find Tony snuggled up closely next to her. In shock she harshly whispered Tony's name. He peeked one eye open and smiled.

"Oh hey Vi," he murmured, still half sleep.

"TONY how did you- why did, how are you here right now?" she sat up straight in bed. Tony was still wearing his pajamas, a loose-fitting grey shirt, dark blue pajama bottoms and sporting a messy hair look.

"I wanted to see you. So, I drove the two hours to spend the night with you."

Tony driving at night was an almost rare occasion. He was a boy who very much enjoyed his sleep but would do anything to comfort Violet. She couldn't help but full on embrace him, feeling the familiarity of his body instantly soothed her. He wrapped his free arm around her waist and pulled her closer to his chest.

"I'm so happy you're here right now," she yawned into his chest.

"Me too Vi. It was worth the late night drive."