CHAPTER 3

narrators pov

Perrie was speechless. Without thinking she nodded her head. Jade helped her stand up and they walked to the car. Jade helped perrie in first the rushed to the drivers side and got in. while jade started up the car she put her bookbag in the backseat. perrie looked out of the window and watched the street come to life and move behind her. jade looked over at perrie while driving then looked back.

"What happened?"

perrie looked at the steering wheel, forcing herself not to make eye-contact. "nothing important, just fell into a pond" 

jade could tell she was lying, but this was one of the first times ever speaking to perrie. "should i call Liegh ann?"

"No"

the respond sounded dark. jade decided not to push the girl as she pulled into her drive way. She got out of the car And helped perrie out and into the house. she sat her on the couch. and went into the bathroom to grab a towel.

Perrie hated help. She felt small and depending on people., including Liegh. But the dark haired girl was stubborn, and a bit annoying when she doesn't get her way. 

Jade sat across from perrie and gave her towel. "About last night..." Perrie looked jade in the eye. She could've sworn she seen the girl shudder. "i apologize for, um, well." jade ran her hand through her hair and sighed in frustration. "Look im sorry if i've made you uncomfortable yesterday. Your friend leigh came over for her session and said she was worried about you. And when you didn't stay i though-"

"Its fine." Perries voice sounded bold and a bit louder than she expected. 

Jades face was a bit rosy from embarrassment. Perrie on the other hand kept her cool, she just needed to dry off then she'd leave. " I apologize for disappearing this morning. Thats on me."

Jade looked on the ground and twiddled her thumbs. "If you don't mind I wanted to ask why your homeless?" jade mentally scolded herself. shed barely known this woman and she was asking something so personal. When the room remained silent she looked up at Perries burning gaze. 

"I was kicked out of my home a long time ago. Never bounced back" She adverted her gaze while she said this.

"Im really sorry for asking."

"Everyone gets curious." her eyes found their way back to Jades. 

" Y'Know. If you ever need  place to stay, Ive got  a guest room." jade said sincerely.'There it goesPerrie thought ' The pity'

Perrie smiled, " Its fine i can take care of myself, Thank you for the thought." She stood, "Ill be on my way, Thank you for your hospitality." She put the towel down and made her way to the door.

"Perrie, wait." Perries heart skipped a beat. She loved the way jade said her name, To be honest she wanted her to say it again.

She turned around" Yes Jade." jade Stood up. " Are you free tomorrow mornin' For some coffee?" She tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. Perrie thought for a second. She didn't have any friends but leigh. And jade made her feel diffrent.

"Sure."

"Starbucks?" jade smiled brightly.

"Yeah." Perie smiled back.