CHAPTER 5

Not proofread 😈

Perrie smiled to herself.

She couldn't stop herself from watching jade walk to her car, Not before looking back and blubbering on about staying safe and remembering to use the pepper spray she had recently gave to perrie. She'd never really seen a woman so concerned for a Homeless person.

She watched as jade drove away in her car. Slowly her smile faded, she was alone again. Inhaling slowly she turned on her heels and walked in the opposite direction. She didn't really have an idea where she would go, she just knew that she should make her way to a shelter before it was pitch black outside.

She walked for nearly an hour before she spotted a children's playground. It was now pitch black out but the streetlights and cars passing by made everything a little better. She walked toward the playground taking in the playful colors and fake grass under her feet.

She looked around for a nice spot and came to a stop at a tiny playhouse , mentally cursing at herself for leaving her blanket at her old spot. By now it must have been frozen because of the water. She huddled inside and stopped when she saw a dirty blond Barbie on the floor. Not knowing why, perrie broke into tears. She claimed the spot in the corner and baried her head into her knees peeking at the doll.

She could make out most of its features, the pink painted lipstick was wearing off, half of her face was more muddy and torn apart, She closed her eyes and tried to take in calm breaths before the flashes, but ended up to late. Images of her past life haunting her as her sobs became harsh and her head ached. She could feel her breathing speed up as she tried to suck in the cold November air.

She was alone.

She knew this the day her parents kicked her out. She would be alone. But slowly, perrie reminded herself that she still had Leigh, but what was Leigh to her. Or at least, what did Leigh-Ann think she was. Beating herself down more into her brain her cries turned silent as she wiped her eyes. She felt exhausted,

To her, life was made unfair.

Life was unpredictable,

She now thought to herself, When does this end? When will something good eventually happen.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Jade slowly opened her eyes and sighed.

It was a Saturday.

She had work to do but who gets out of a nice warm bed for a harsh cold day, and cold it was. The moment jade maneuvered her body and threw her legs over the side of the bed, she was stopped by the cold chill that hit her back. She stood up and again flinched from the cold feel of the floor.

Knotting her eyebrows in confusion she walked towards the hallway, instantly she felt goosebumps on her skin rise. Walking further into the house she saw the kitchen window open, she groaned, once again she forgot to close it.

she huffed and walked towards the kitchen and stopped in her tracks.

"Ring ring, ring ring, ring ring,

Pick up your phone

Ring ring, ring ri-"

She ran back to the room, searching for her phone she groaned. She then fluffed her covers, seconds later her phone fell onto the bed and the ringtone had stopped. Gasping a series of no's she grabbed her phone and looked through her call history, seeing a missed call from Jed she almost instantly rang him back.

And on the first ring he picked up.

"Heyyy babe"

" Hi, sorry i missed your call" her voice was hoarse, she made a note to herself to make some tea later on

"No its fine, i just thought you would be up earlier"

Jade rubbed her forehead and walked back to the kitchen to shut the window, she spent nearly all night grading papers and making phone calls. The end of the first quarter was coming to an end and grades where due on Monday, deciding to finish early she got them done a few nights before.

" i just called to check up an you, I'm sorry for leaving so soon and everything, i love you so much. I got these tickets to a soccer game next week, i was hoping we could have a make-up moment if you want?"

Jade smiled to herself, spending time with Jed was almost rare but special. She loved the space she got when he was away, she loved to work and occupy herself. It made her forget she was alone. But of coarse she wouldn't show it

However,

"I'd love to! Ill be looking forward to it."

-feeling and showing are two different things.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

(795 words)