Chapter 12: I Wish I Had Style I Wish I Had Flash.

The bell for last period rings and I am out for the day. Sighing in relief, I pack up and walk out of the class, getting bombarded with that same annoying cheerleader from the other day. She has her hand on her hips, pursing her lips together. I groan shaking my head.

"Hey, Bat Girl." She spits. "I have a question."

I press my lips together, looking both ways. "What is it?" I finally ask looking back at her cold face. She smirks, twirling her loose hair around her finger.

"Tell me," She says looking me up and down, making me feel self concious already. She raises her eyebrow. "How do you manage to snag Chris and Ryan? Putting out those blowjobs?" My jaws clench.

"No, and I didn't snag anyone." I spit the retort back giving her a glare. She clicks her tongue.

"I don't see why they would want you to even touch them," She says pursing her lips. "Your ugliness might rub off on them." These comments were stupid, I know, but it still stung.

I open my mouth before I hear a voice behind me say, "They see her beauty from the inside and out, she doesn't need to put out. Some of us don't have to be a slut to attract someone." An elbow leans on me, I look up and see Jenny, her light blue hair in a messy bun. I look back to the cheerleader who rolls her eyes and turns away waving back to us.

"Whatever!" She yells back walking away. "She better make a choice soon! I hear Chris is getting fairly tired of waiting. And it's been a really long time since any kiss happened." Wow, news sure gets around. I wonder if Chris has been talking. I shift from one foot to the other uncomfortably.

"Now that she's taken care of," Jenny sighs taking out her cell phone and looking at it. She looks over at me, her black eyeliner and dark eyeshadow giving her green eyes a smoky look. Her pink lipstick adding a coolness to her, like a bitch don't mess with me, vibe. She was wearing torn jeans and a white shirt, perfectly white. No stains. Who the hell can pull that off? Apparently her. "Let's go." She says smiling at me and taking my hand.

"Go? Go where?" I ask my eyes widening, my stomach nervous.

"Well, probably a couple of stores. Or somewhere." She says absentmindedly. "I want to get to know you better!" Her voice was sweet, it sounded genuine, I smile at that.

"Alright.." I chuckle nervously. She wraps her arm firmly around mine, walking along with me to the edge of the parking lot, waiting for something. Her denim bag hanging on her left shoulder.

"I don't know why you let people bother you, Grace." She says as we wait, she keeps looking at the passing cars. "If you let them, they'll keep doing it." I look up at her.

"I don't mean to let them bother me." I counter.

"No, you just stand their taking their shit. That's not letting them bother you at all." She raises her eyebrow looking at me. Woah, her voice could freeze fire in it's place I swear.

I sigh loudly. "Why do you have an interest in me? Why aren't you calling me Bat Girl or being a bitch?" I ask bluntly.

Jenny looks over at me. "It's been some time since Ryan took a genuine interest in a person," She sighs looking at the road. "Since me, that is. I want to see what he sees in you. I want to know you. I have noticed you and how you react to the cruelties of people, I was like you before I met Ryan. Then I became a bitch. I don't want to see you become one, but I want to see you gain some fucking backbone." I press my lips together.

"What do you mean since you?" I ask her.

"We dated a while back, he loved me," She smiles at me. "And I cheated on him." I blink looking over at the road. "I'm not proud of it. I can't redeem myself but I know damn well I can stop it from happening again."