Treasure Hunt | Eight

[ Comment & Vote.🖤 ]

I didn't like sleeping alone. And Loran wasn't against me sharing a bed with him. He stayed on his side, and I stayed on mine. I had woken up this morning to the sound of little feet approaching the bed, so when Loran and I sat up almost at the same time, it was no surprise to see Zach excitedly coming through the bedroom door. "Daddies, daddies!" He started to climb into the bed by Loran's feet, "Santa came!"

Loran was half awake, his eyes barely even open . He looked over at the clock and let out a small groan. "It's too early, Zach."

"But Daddy," His bottom lip popped into a pout, "I wanna open presents!"

"I know you do, bud. But how about we go back to sleep for right now, and then the next time you get up it'll be time to open them."

Zach huffed, but allowed Loran to place him in between the two of us, and instead of curling into Loran like he normally did when he climbed in with us, he pushed his face into my chest, and was out in no time.

The next time I woke up, I was the first - and only - one up. I hurried and used the bathroom, the baby had to literally be hugging my bladder all night. I washed my hands and brushed my teeth before washing my face, this pregnancy acne was still no joke. Deciding my appearance was as good as it was gonna get for the day, I went downstairs to make cinnamon rolls.

Not only were they currently my biggest craving, but also I'd grown up with them as Christmas breakfast since I could remember, and I was kind of excited to get Zach in on this simple tradition. I was pulling them out of the oven when I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist, hugging me from behind. I tensed up, initially, but calmed myself down. Of course, it was only Loran.

"Merry Christmas," He rested his chin on my shoulder. "How did you sleep?"

"Between the baby on my bladder, and Zach in my ribs? Fine and dandy."

He laughed and pecked my cheek before letting go of me to lean against the counter, watching as I iced the cinnamon rolls. "Sorry about that."

"It's fine, at least I wasn't tossing and turning all night."

"That's good, at least. I unleashed my spawn on my brother to wake them up, so hopefully they'll be down any minute."

"That's great, because I'm trying really hard not to eat every single one of these."

"Eh, go for it. What baby wants, baby gets." He shrugged and laughed, nonchalantly.

Zach came running down the steps, which got him scolded by Loran and Logan - one thing I'd come to learn was that Logan and Ariel cared for Zach, just as much as if he was their own, and that made me love and respect the two of them so much more. My best friend liked to be weird and funny, but deep down, I know she would love to be a mom some day. The two of them followed behind him down the steps, and not too long after that, we were opening gifts. And a little later in the day, we were heading to Logan's and Loran's parents house for Christmas dinner. Which made me so beyond nervous.

My parents hadn't even so much as texted me 'Merry Christmas,' meanwhile, my siblings had been messaging me all morning, begging me to stop by, or at the very least, text them back. I told myself I'd get back to them later as I focused on getting ready.

"Does this shirt make me look super pregnant?" I stood in the doorway of Loran's bedroom, watching as he was getting Zach dressed after the shower they'd taken together.

Loran was shirtless, with water droplets still running down his face and neck from his soaking wet hair. "If that's your way of asking me if you look fat, no. Zach, tell him he looks handsome."