Chapter 17

I am a gracious author who doesn't sleep so instead I shall bless you with TWO new updates!!!!!! I'm the best aren't I? 

Keith stared at Lance, words dying in his throat. Lance was pregnant? He knew Lance was nervous, he could smell it. He also knew he should say something to ease his omega's fear but he was too shocked. It was liked he'd forgotten how to speak.

Lance teared up, his distress scent wafting around the room but Keith was catatonic. "I'm sorry...I just f-found out........I d-don't know if you want the p-pup but I do! I don't want to g-get rid of it...but I need you...I need you t-to be here f-for me...please...Keith...say something." Lance begged, tears dripping down his face. That snapped Keith out of his state because he instantly moved to embrace Lance.

"You're....with...pup?" Keith asked, swallowing a dry throat. Lance nodded against Keith's shoulder. "I.....I don't know what to say..."

"I know...I'm sorry......I...I don't know what to doooo," Lance wailed, clutching Keith tighter. 

"Lance...I'm happy," Keith said, smiling with joy.

"You are?"

"Yes I am," Keith laughed. "Of course I want a family with you Lance! I didn't expect it to happen so soon but....I'm happy. Really."

"I was s-scared!" Lance said. "I was worried you'd r-reject the pup!" this brought another onslaught of tears. Keith scented Lance, hoping to calm the omega down. 

"I'd never," Keith promised. "What do we do now?" 

"I don't know..." Lance said. "I'm still shocked."

"When did you find out?" Keith asked.

"A few minutes ago. After training I knew something was up and I took the test," Lance said. He held the test out for Keith to see. Keith stared at the two lines with a strange expression on his face. Then something clicked and he looked up with a terrified look.

"During training! You were kicked! The pup--"

"--is fine." Lance said, patting Keith in assurance. Keith sighed ans slumped into Lance's arms. Lance rubbed Keith's back and cooed. "Don't worry, alpha. Our pup is going to be perfectly healthy."

Keith smiled and kissed Lance deeply. Then he moved to Lance's stomach and nuzzled it, happiness flowing through his veins at the thought of a pup, that he helped to create, living inside of Lance. Lance purred and Keith rumbled and the room was soon filled with the chorus of the soon to be parents. 

=============

Lance hummed as he cleaned Keith and his's room. Lance was still stuck on how to tell the team. He wanted them to know but at the same time, right now it felt like it should be a private thing between him and Keith. 

Keith was taking the news far better than Lance thought he would. 

Keith was in the process of pup-proofing the castle. Lance thought it was ridiculously early to start that but Keith claimed that it would be best if everybody got used to it before the pup arrived. Lance let him be, better he be off doing that than fussing over Lance every second of the day.

Lance was only two weeks along for Christs sake, he could pick up socks from the floor!

The pup would sleep in Keith and Lance's room for the first few months and then they'd move it to the nursery. Keith and Lance have been given a room by Coran to be the nursery. Once Lance tells the team, Keith and him are going to start on it. 

Lance was getting ahead of himself, wasn't he? He was thinking so far ahead and he was only two weeks pregnant. It was just hard to fight the happiness he felt because he was pregnant! It made him overzealous. 

Lance was in the process of vacuuming when a knock on the door startled him. Lance turned off the vacuum and opened the door to see Shiro standing in the doorway, slightly sheepish. Lance raised his eyebrow. "Hey Shiro, what's up?"

"Uh...Lance? This may sound weird but...uh...well your scent changed. I don't know if something happened but I just thought you should know in case--"

"I'm pregnant." Lance said. Shiro stopped and stared at Lance, his eyes blinking. 

"You're pregnant?" Shiro asked, disbelief stricken across his features. "How long?"

"About two weeks." Lance said. "I found out a couple of days ago. I wasn't sure how to tell you guys."

"That's...congratulations Lance! I'm really happy for you!" Shiro said, smiling brilliantly. "I mean...it's a little early but still I'm happy for you."

"Thanks!" Lance said. "Keith is pup-proofing the castle as we speak." 

"That's what he's doing?" Shiro laughs. "No wonder he asked me if there was a way to turn off my, and I quote 'purple death ray of a hand'." 

Lance laughed. "He's been very overprotective lately."

"It's just instincts," Shiro shrugged. "When are you going to tell everyone else?"

"Honestly," Lance shrugged. "I don't know how. I really only told you because you smelt it. But the others wouldn't be able to pick up on the scent change. At least not for a few more weeks. Coran knows though."

"That's good. You have someone to check up on the pup," Shiro nodded. "Although I don't know how human-friendly some of his medicine is so you might want to tell Pidge soon."

"Yeah that's probably a good idea." Lance agreed. "I'll tell them tonight at dinner."

"Good," Shiro said. "Well I should go train. I'm really happy for you." Lance nodded again before Shiro walked off. 

Well that went well.