Chapter 19

"Lance!" Keith called. Lance looked up from the book he was reading. Keith walked into the room, smiling widely. "Good morning baby, I brought you food." 

"Aww," Lance cooed at the sight of his alpha. He was carrying a tray covered in food from Hunk. Keith blushed. "You're such a sweetheart. Thanks love."

"Anything for you, love." Keith replied. Lance blushed at the affection from Keith. Keith walked over to Lance and put the tray down next to the bed. Lance sat up and ate the space cereal. 

"Yum, terrestrial-o's." Lance said. Keith snorted. 

"I'll tell Hunk we've got a name for the cereal now," Keith said, pecking Lance on the cheek. "I have to go to train now, but I'll be back later k?"

"Okay babe, don't push yourself too hard."

"Never."

=================

Lance laughed loudly as he and Hunk raced through the halls. Lance had been reading when Hunk and entered his room asking if Lance wanted to hang out. Lance smiled brightly and nodded. At first the plan was to just fool around but when Lance asked for a piggyback ride it was all uphill from there.

They zoomed throughout the halls. Lance and Hunk's laughter bouncing off the walls as the hallway turned into a blur of colors. 

"Oh my gosh Hunk," Lance laughed. "I'm gonna hurl!"

"Hey that's my job," Hunk said with a chuckle. Hunk slowed down and allowed Lance to crawl off his back.

"Thank Hunk," Lance said, "That's the most fun I've had in a while." 

"No problem," Hunk said. "What are best friends for?"

Lance teared up. He ran forward and tackled the beta in a hug. "HUUUNK!" Lance sobbed. Hunk laughed and hugged Lance back.

"Oh Lance," Hunk said bemused. "You're so emotional."

"I have an excuse!" Lance said with a huff.

"Yeah I suppose you do," Hunk said wistfully. "Pregnant huh. Castle's going to be so different huh?"

Lance stopped and stared at Hunk for a while. "You're right...it's going to get pretty different won't it?"

"Yeah...."

"I can't wait!"

====================

Lance walked the halls of the castles to think. 

Lance was pregnant, duh. But now that he was with pup, what was he supposed to do for the next nine months? Lance could probably still fly blue for a little while longer, He wasn't having any trouble walking or anything. He wouldn't hurt the pup as long as he didn't expose himself to any major danger. 

But what was he going to do after he gives birth?

Raising a pup to war was just cruel. Lance wanted his pup to feel secure and have a stable, happy family life. He couldn't exactly guarantee  that'd happen when he was on the front lines of a war. 

An alarm interrupted Lance from his thoughts. He raced into the bridge where everyone was in armor. Thank God Lance changed into his armor. 

"Lance?" Keith asked. "What are you doing--"

"I can fight, Keith," Lance huffed. "What's going on Princess?"

"Galra," Allura said. "They've surrounded this planet here. I don't know what their aim is but we need to stop them."

"Right!" 

Lance raced to the little metal dohickey that led down the the hangars. Lance held tightly onto the zipline, fighting the nausea  that bubbled up in stomach. Lance landed roughly in Blue's jaw. A press of concern from Blue hit the back of mind.

"It's okay, Blue," Lance assured. "I can fight. I'll be safe, I promise."

Oh how wrong he was.

=================

"Lance? Where are you?" Hunk asked through the headset. 

"I'm by the east entrance, I should be good," Lance said, looking over the corner and shooting two drones standing guard. "I'm making my way to the randevu now." 

"Okay, watch out, Pidge said there's a possibility Haggar's on the ship," Hunk said. Lance shuddered at the thought of the witch being on the ship. 

"Don't worry buddy, I'll be safe."

"I think you're wrong, Blue Paladin." Lance spun around and felt his blood freeze. There stood Haggar, a horrid grin stretched thin across her hideous face. "Say goodbye."

It all went black.

====================

When Lance came to, it was dark. Lance shivered and wrapped his arms around his stomach, trying to retain heat. Shit, did he get captured? Where was he? Lance looked around. He appeared to be strapped to some sort of torture table.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

His legs were buckled to the table while his arms were chained, however the chains were long enough for minimal movement.Lance looked around, desperate for a way out. He couldn't be here. He was pregnant and if he got tortured there was no way he'd be able to save his pup.

Lance needed to save his pup!

Lance was interrupted from his desperate thoughts by the cell door opening. 

In walked Haggar, she held a knife and an ugly smirk. "Hello, Paladin Lance," she said. lance refused to dignify her with a response. "I'll make this quick. Tell me everything and you won't be hurt."

"I'd never tell you anything," Lance hissed. Haggar glared. 

"Oh don't be that way," she said, stalking closer, her knife glinting in the harsh lights. "I've found some interesting things about you...and your pup." 

"No," Lance breathed, No, this couldn't be happening. They weren't supposed to find out about the pup. They were going to go after his pup and Lance couldn't protect them! 

"Indeed," Haggar said, "Tell me what I want to know and your pup may live to see the sun."

"I..." Lance choked on his breath. What was he supposed to say? He ran through his head, trying hard to weigh through the options. His pup or the lives of everyone in the galaxy? "I'm so sorry pup..." Lance sobbed.

And with that Haggar plunged the knife into Lance's stomach.