Chapter 20

"Lance?" Hunk asked nervously. Hunk had been talking to Lance and he said he was almost back at the lions. That was five minutes ago. His line had been mysteriously quiet and it was making Hunk anxious. "Lance, buddy answer me."

"Hunk what's going on?" Shiro asked through the comms. "We have to go."

"Lance isn't answering his comms!" Hunk cried.

"WHAT?!??!?!" Keith screamed. Hunk winced at the noise. "Where is he? Why won't he answer?"

"If I knew that I wouldn't be freaking out right now, now would I?" Hunk snarled.

"Relax, both of you," Shiro commanded. Hunk sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. 

"I don't like this Shiro," Hunk said. "Pidge said Haggar was aboard this ship, what if she got Lance?" Keith growled at the thought of that witch putting her crusty ass hands on Lance. 

"I'm going to find him," Keith announced. 

"No, Keith," Shiro said. "We don't know if Lance is truly captured. He could be on his way for all we know."

"Shiro, Lance is pregnant on a ship surrounded by galra and Haggar. I'm sorry but I must polite fully tell you to fuck off," Keith snarled. "I'm going to find my pregnant mate and you can't stop me."

"Keith wait--"

Keith shut off the comms, refusing to think of anything other than finding Lance. Hunk was right, he could feel it in the pit of his gut. 

Something was wrong.

===================

"LANCE!" Keith called, throwing caution to the wind as he raced throughout the galra battle ship. He cut through any drones that ran at him with his sword, his instincts going wild. Where was his omega? 

Keith growled as another sentry blocked Keith from his warpath. Couldn't they see how close he was to snapping? 

Not knowing whether his pregnant mate was safe in enemy territory was making Keith slowly lose his grip on stability.

He was this close to going feral. 

He raced through the halls, his sword dripping with the blood of his enemies, his patience almost gone. Where was his Lance? Keith was beyond furious. Right now Keith wanted nothing more than to be back at the castle, cuddling with Lance and talking about what color they wanted to pain the nursery.

Keith didn't want to be running around a galra ship looking for his mate.

"LANCE?" Keith screamed again. "LANCE PLEASE, ANSWER ME!" no response.

Keith was gritting his teeth, hoping to control the rage that threatened to choke him. What if something happened to him? What if he was dead? What if he was gone? 

Keith made a sharp turn when he caught the scent of lance. It was faint and laced with distress and it didn't do anything to calm him. It made him angry. Lance had been here and he was terrified and now he's gone. 

How long had he been missing?

Keith ran down the hall, following the scent of Lance's distress. Until he heard a sound that stopped him dead in his track, his blood freezing over. 

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" a high pitched voice screamed. It was Lance. It was an omega cry. Lance was in danger.

Keith dropped his fangs and roared.

===================

"Keithy,"  Lance laughed. "You can't make our pup listen to Fall out Boys. I refuse."

"C'mon baby," Keith begged, holding a Fall out Boy T-shirt. "I'm telling you, the pup would love it. Let me just wait until you show more and I can stick a pair of headphones on you and blast the music. He'll start kicking to the beat!"

"No, he'll start kicking to make it stop," Lance laughed. 

"Please," Keith asked, showing his best puppy dog eyes.

"You really want our pup to listen to emo rock?" Lance asked. Keith huffed.

"Excuse you, it's not emo rock," Keith said. "It's a lifestyle choice." 

"Why am I mated to you?" Lance asked. Keith gasped dramatically and threw the T-shirt at Lance, hitting him dead in the face. "I love you.." Lance said batting his eye lashes at the alpha. 

Keith snorted and walked over to Lance, holding his face in both of his hands. "Do you really?" Keith asked. Lance nodded.

"Kissies?" Lance asked, smooching his lips up in the air, hoping for Keith to cave. Keith laughed and pressed his lips against Lance's.

"I love you Lance," Keith said. "You'll make a wonderful mother." 

======================

Lance screamed.

He couldn't think. He couldn't hear. He couldn't feel. He was numb. His vocal chords strained against the pressure Lance was putting them through but Lance refused to stop. He cried out in agony. Not his pup!

This wasn't supposed to be how it worked!

Lance was supposed to die before his pup. His pup was supposed to live a long life, be happy. Settle down, have a family. Not die before their life even began!

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Lance screamed. He yearned to reach forward and save his pup from this horrible fate has befallen them. His pup was dying!

This wasn't fair!

It's only been three weeks!

NOOOOO not my pup, Lance thought helplessly as he felt himself slowly bleed out.  He'd rather die than his pup. He lost his pup, he was a bad omega.He should die. How could he ever face Keith? His alpha would hate him, he lost the pup.

How could he have been so stupid?

Haggar loomed over Lance, a smirk weighing down her hideous face. Hos could she just stand there and watch him while he was losing something so precious? 

Lance wept, his hands straining against the chains. "NO PLEASE! PLEASE NO, NOT MY PUP!" Lance screamed. "please.....my pup....baby....nooo..." 

His pup was dying!

His pup was supposed to grow up. Lance was going to teach them Spanish, and talk behind Keith's back just to annoy him. He was going to make the pup bond with blue. Hunk was going to be the godfather!  They were going to get along so well. The pup would be a wonderful gift the castle needed. 

"Please...kill me," Lance begged, the blood loss making him feel ill. "Kill me...KILL ME YOU FUCKING BITCH!!!! YOU'VE TAKEN EVERYTHING FROM ME SO JUST FUCKING KILL ME!!!!!! Just let me die..." Lance sobbed. 

Haggar smiled a devilish smile. "Oh, Blue Paladin, I'm not going to kill you. I'm going to give you a choice."

"W-what?" Lance said, his head spinning. 

"You tell me what I want to know, I'll save your pup," Haggar said. "Or don't and your pup shall die."