Chapter 3: Balloons And Bubblewrap

The next day, Dean was able to wake up on his own, but when he opened his eyes, a part of him wished he hadn't. Cas was sitting next to him, looking absolutely ecstatic, and everything else was blue, red, or yellow.

Dean blinked, focusing on his room, when he recognized the colorful objects filling the room.

They were balloons.

"What's all this?" he asked, rubbing the sleepiness from his eyes.

"Balloons, Dean." Cas said seriously. He held up a giant roll of something. "And bubble wrap."

"How did you get so many balloons?" 

"I bought them at a store, and blew them all up while you were sleeping. Then I got bored, so I bought some bubble wrap, and filled your room with balloons."

"So what exactly do we have to do with these balloons?" Cas grinned.

"Anything, Dean." His eyes sparkled. "ANYTHING."

"...Well then let's get started." Cas let out a happy shriek, as if he was a child in a toy store. He pounced at the floor, throwing balloons up in the air and laughing. Dean couldn't help but smile at the angel. He got out of bed and grabbed a balloon, rubbing it against Cas's hair.

"What are you doing?"

"It makes your hair all static, and it looks wild." He removed the balloon and Cas glanced at his reflection, laughing at his stuck up hair. He poked Dean, zapping him and causing the hunter to yelp.

"I LOVE BALLOONS!" Cas declared.

So for the next few hours, they tossed the balloons around, popped them, shocked each other with static electricity, and laughed their heads off. 

Dean couldn't remember the last time he had done something so...simple and innocent. It was a nice feeling, one he could get used to.

Cas looked so in awe of the balloons as they fell around him that Dean quickly grabbed his phone and snapped a picture of the angel. 

After they had popped all the balloons, Dean and Cas ventured out into the Bunker's main room, and rolled out most of the bubble wrap Cas had brought, covering the entire floor.

Cas watched him with confusion.

"Why are you putting it on the floor?" he asked. Dean smirked and grabbed Cas's hand, carefully leading him onto the wrap.

"Jump." he instructed. Cas tilted his head, and Dean rolled his eyes and jumped. The bubble wrap popped under his feet and Cas's face slowly lit up as he realized what Dean meant.

So they jumped on the bubble wrap, trying to pop every one of the circles in the plastic. Cas even decided to bellyflop onto it at one point, and Dean winced as he hit the floor, but the angel didn't seem to notice. 

When most of the bubbles had been popped, Dean split the rest of the wrap in two, and they popped it with their hands. Cas laughed at the noise, enjoying it.

"Balloons and Bubble wrap," Dean announced later, crossing those two off the list. "What's next?"

"You'll see." Cas insisted, smiling. He was really enjoying conquering this list with Dean. He loved spending time with the hunter.

They stayed up late that night, watching movies on Dean's computer. The hunter fell asleep, of course, and he nodded over, ending up with his head on Cas's lap. 

The angel didn't bother to move him. He just put on another movie.

But while Dean and Cas were content, Sam was extremely confused when he found the bunker floor covered in popped bubble wrap.

He decided not to question it. He had better things to do with his time. Like finding hunts, and reading intelligent books....And fangirling over fluffy fanfiction, like the fanmoose he was.