Chapter 12: Words and Rooftops

"Hey Sammy," Dean greeted his brother. Sam immediately snapped his laptop shut and turned to face his brother.

"Dean." He deadpanned. Dean raised an eyebrow. "....How's Cas?"

"He's good." Dean offered, confused by his brother's reaction. The moose bit back the urge to scream in frustration. 

"Just...good?"

"Yeah."

"And what about you? Are you good?" 

"Sam, what is up with you? You get possessed or something?" Dean questioned, entirely confused. 

"No, I'm just wondering how you're holding up." Sam said casually. "Can't I be curious as to what my brother's been up to?"

"....Uh....Sure?"

"Exactly! So! Have you and Cas been spending a lot of time together?" Dean made a face, sitting down next to his brother.

"I've actually been meaning to talk to you about that." He offered.

Yes yes yes, Sam practically screamed in his head. Confirm it. Sail my ship. That's it Dean, set the closet on fire and run out the door and EMBRACE THE RAINBOW.

"Okay." He insisted, listening intently.

"Well..." Dean paused, trying to think of the best way to go about this. "You know how I like pie, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well, what if one day, somebody gave me this cake. And normally I don't want anything to do with cake, but this was just....It was the best cake I've ever had, and now all I wanted to do was eat this cake instead of any pie."

"Okay."

"Would....would that be okay?" The two boys stared at each other.

Looks like it's up to me, Sam proclaimed.

"Dude, can you just tell me if you've fucked Cas yet, because the suspense is killing me right now."  

The LOOK on Dean's face just about made Sam's entire year. The eldest Winchester gaped at his brother, unable to form words.

"Well?" Sam urged. "Did you kiss? Are you dating? Come on man, I need answers!" The gaping continued.

"You just- did you just-" Dean sputtered. "WHAT?"

"Dude, it's totally obvious that you're gay for Cas. Gabriel, Charlie, Jodi, and I have been running bets on it for YEARS."

"....You knew I liked Cas?" The moose rolled his eyes.

"YES, Dean. We ALL knew."

"Oh." 

"SO?"

"So what?"

"Did you?"

"Did we what?" Sam jumped on the table, grabbing Dean by the collar of his shirt.

"ARE YOU CANON OR NOT????"

"I don't know what that means!"

"Did you sleep with CAS??!!?"

"Yes!"

"How many times?!??!"

"A lot!"

"DO YOU LOVE HIM????"

"Maybe!" Sam released him, let out a high-pitched scream, and bolted out of the room, leaving a bewildered Dean behind.

"CHARLIE IT HAPPENED!!!" Echoed through the bunker about a minute later, causing Dean to facepalm.

*~*

That night, Dean found himself on the roof of the bunker with Cas, staring out at the fields and town around them.

"I take it Sam took the news well?" Cas asked.

"Well is one word for it." Dean offered. "Did he scream at you too?"

"No, but Gabriel showed up, threw skittles at me, yelled 'Use protection' and disappeared." 

"....Gabriel is weird."

"Well, Sam must like the weirdness." Dean's eyes widened.

"Wait....." Cas paused.

"Oh, did he not tell you about him and Gabriel?"

"Gabriel and- SAM?"

"Oh yeah."

"How long??!"

"A couple years they've been on and off. Mostly off, seeing as Gabriel keeps faking his death, but they get together occasionally, and Gabriel will force me to listen to the details."

"....Do I want to know the details?" Cas shook his head frantically.

"NO. NO, YOU DO NOT." They sat in silence for a minute, and a slow smile spread across Dean's face.

"It's kinda nice," He admitted. "Being able to be with you, out in the open."

"I like being with you." Cas agreed. "Even when you don't know I'm there."

"What, like when I'm sleeping?"

"Or when you're in the shower."

"God, Cas, you're such a stalker!"

"I am not! I just watch over you from a distance." 

"That's exactly what a stalker does!" Dean laughed, and Cas blushed slightly.

"Well, maybe I like stalking you."

"Maybe I like it better when I know you're there with me." Dean insisted, nudging the angel.

"I like rooftops." Cas said randomly. "You really get to see a place differently." Dean nodded.

"They're peaceful." He added. "And private."

*~*~*

"Can you see them?" Charlie hissed. "I can't see them."

"Well then you should have brought binoculars, like I suggested." Gabriel insisted, staring at Dean and Cas's forms on the rooftop.

"What are they DOING??"

"Each other." Gabriel answered.

"Wait WHAT?!" Charlie snatched the binoculars, choking Gabriel with the strap.

"I didn't mean right NOW!" He insisted. Charlie let out a sigh, handing the binoculars to Sam.

"You shouldn't get my hopes up like that."

"Would you actually WATCH that?" Sam questioned. Charlie's eyes went wide.

"Uhh....."

"Of course she would, Samsquatch, she watched our sex tape." Sam froze.

"Gabe, we don't have a sex tape."

"That YOU know of."

"GABRIEL!"

"Less arguing, more SHIP!" Charlie declared, grabbing the binoculars again. "Wait, Dean's saying something."

"What's he saying?" Gabe asked, trying to change the subject.

"I don't know, I can't read lips!"

"Well I can- give it here!" Sam pleaded.

"No way THEY'RE KISSING OH MY GOD." 

"Hey!" Gabe shoved at Charlie. "Don't use my dad's name like that."

"SHUT UP THEY'RE MAKING OUT- wait, Dean's saying something again. WhAT's HE sAyING???"

*~*~*

Dean smiled as he leaned into each other.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." Cas murmured, pressing their lips together once more.

"COULD YOU PLEASE REPEAT THAT?" A voice yelled out.