Chapter 19: A Great View

After a lot more drinks at the karaoke bar, Charlie, Sam, Gabriel, Cas, and Dean stumbled out of the place, laughing and some more buzzed then others.

The sun had set hours ago, and the sky was filled with stars. Dean admired it, savoring the feeling.

"It's so pretty out." He commented. 

"Yeah," Cas smiled softly, leaning his head on Dean's shoulder and lazily entwining their fingers.

"Sammoose," Gabriel whined, slightly drunker then the rest of them. "Kiss me."

"No," Sam mumbled, making his way towards the Impala, Gabriel tagging behind him like a loyal puppy.

"But whhhhhyyyyyy?"

"Because you're a meanie." Charlie laughed at them, then turned to sigh happily at Destiel's adorableness.

"We should take them home." Dean insisted. But one second out in the star filled sky, with Cas by his side, and Dean didn't want to leave. Didn't want to go back to the bunker.

"I'll take them home," Charlie advised. "You two can have your moment."

"I like that plan," Cas agreed, nudging Dean. "We can walk back- let Charlie drive them home."

Dean scowled hesitantly, holding the Impala's keys.

"Come on, Dean." Charlie pleaded. She was eager, not only for Destiel to have some sweet moment to themselves, but also to see where drunken Gabriel would lead the obvious Sabriel tension in the room.

"What makes you think you can drink my baby?" Dean demanded. Nobody drive the Impala but him, and on the very rare occasion, Sam.

"Bitch, it's like five miles, and I'm sober enough to drive." Charlie offered.

"Bitch, it's my Baby, and nobody touches her but me."

"Would you rather leave her here all night for someone to come by and scratch?" Dean's eyes widened in horror at the thought, and he reluctantly handed Charlie the keys.

"If there's so much as ONE scratch on her when I get back," He warned. "I'll skin you alive."

"Terrifying." Charlie grinned. "Smell ya later, bitches." She saluted them with a Star Trek hand gesture, and headed for the car.

Dean watched them go, still wary about letting Charlie drive the Impala. But once they were out of sight, his attention shifted over to Cas, who was eyeing the top of one of the town's buildings.

"You think we could climb up there?" He asked. Dean smirked.

"I know it's illegal, but I think we can." Their hands still entwined, they headed over and make their way up the building's fire-escape, stopping at the roof.

"Wow," Dean whispered, once they reached the top. You could see the entire town from their spot, and the fields beyond it. The top of the Men of Letter's bunker loomed in the distance. "Great view." Cas paused, drinking in the sight.

"A great view," He said quietly. "That was the last thing on the list." They sat down on the edge of the roof, and Dean wrapped his arm around the angel.

"Maybe we'll have to make a new list," He offered. Cas grinned.

"I'd like that." 

"I like you." Cas rolled his eyes.

"I love you too, Dean." Dean smiled, kissing the top of Cas's head.

"You know," He commented. "Without worrying about the end of the world, the hunting life ain't so bad." 

"Really?"

"Yeah." Dean smiled. "I mean, I've got you, and Sam and Charlie. I've got a roof over my head and enough money to get by. What more do I need in life?"

"Does this mean the Winchesters are going to stop ending the world?" Cas asked, leaning closer to his hunter.

"Probably not." Dean admitted. "But I'll try."

"I like things like this, Dean." Cas declared. "No impending doom. Just....happiness and a hunt."

"Happiness and a hunt." Dean echoed. "I like the sound of that."