Chapter 3

"Stop looking for happiness in the places you lost it" -

Alia

Aiden held a pan with a pancake sitting inside, flour dusting his blue jeans and some sprinkled on his forehead.

He flipped it expertly his head following it as it landed perfectly in the centre of the pan. "And that my friend, is how you flip a damn pancake like a boss." He winked at Noah who leaned on the worktop across and bowed dramatically placing his breakfast into a plate and squirting cream in a swirl on top.

Noah took his place and put the batter in the pan circling it then waiting till it was ready to flip. "Watch and learn." He squinted at Aiden his mouth pulled in a side ways smirk.

He rolled his sleeves up taking the flipper and scooping the pancake up. His breakfast this time, went souring through the air and landed back into the pan only on the edge this time causing it to tip out and land on the gas fire.

Aiden clapped sarcastically taking a strawberry from the bowl in front and placing it straight into his mouth. "I watched but there isn't anything I'm going to learn from you mate." Noah shook his head fake laughing at Aiden then turning to me and Zack.

Even though Noah woke early he had a terrible habit of leaving his breakfast to the last minute.

Monday mornings were the worst, nobody was ever in the mood to do anything since the weekend had just past so the laziness spread quickly across the flat.

Zack would come back from home and before coming he'd eat leaving one less job for me.

Aiden and Noah however, expected me to make their food for them so i had come up with the deal of anyone who woke up after 9'o'clock would have to make their own breakfast.

"I'll pay you." Noah looked me expectantly his green eyes opening wide.

Before I could even say anything, Zack decided to speak for me. "Nope, a deals a deal." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders pulling me towards him.

"You get to the kitchen late, you make your own food. Simple." I added whilst Noah silently tried working out what he should make.

*
The hot air swarmed outside at the underground car park creating a thick block of heat.

It wasnt usually this warm but the recent summers said otherwise.

Humidity eloped us as we tracked towards the Range Rover the guards marching behind.
One of them opened the front passenger door as i sat inside, Aiden taking the driver seat.

He twisted the key the engine coming to life as the doors of the jeep closed from the opposite side from us.

Rolling out of the car park the jeep following behind, Aiden tapped the steering wheel impatiently when reaching the traffic lights, concern stuck upon his pretty face.

His mouth opened as of to say something then he shook his head and carried on.

Beams of sun danced upon the car blinding the both of us. The stone grey building finally coming into sight.

The heavy metal doors tightly sealed the painting pealing off from the top left corner.

Aiden pulled out his card scanning it on the side and waiting for the flashing red to stop and the lock of the door softly clicking allowing us to enter.

A dark corridor welcomed us the only noise being our footsteps and the stench of damp floor and dust crowding us.

Doors led to more corridors and then a large hall packed with people all staring at the far end where Thomas stood his arms folded and stern gaze. His lips were closed straight and shoulders tensed.

Many turned on our appearance, the guards taking position  on either side of us their arms held tight behind their backs.

Noah turned grinning at us not taking the serious situation seriously enough. I watched as Aiden rolled his eyes quietly clearing his throat in annoyance.

The room itself was still dark the only light coming from the ceiling windows which were very small.

On either side, the walls were packed with weapons of some sort and each corner occupied a large glass box that was used for training against the holograms.
The glass box tested our abilities. It made simple missionary task much more complex because of the blocked out sound and the feeling of isolation when set apart from the rest of the world due to the small confined space.

Thomas coughed from the front once again getting everyones attention. "Names of those missing will be shown shortly." He finished stepping off his alter and taking a door to the left and out of sight.

Noah made his way towards us Zack following closely behind.

The red shirt Noah left the house wearing was now clinging to the top of his chest in a v-shape  his curly hair ruffled on his head.

Aiden moved infront of Noah their bodies squared at each other and eyes meeting directly.
The few inches shorter Noah was to Aiden seemed to vanish in thin air as the room began to go empty again.

Silence started to invade the room, tension thick between both my brothers.
"You should've told me earlier." Aiden spoke, his teeth gritted making his jaw tense.

Noah laughed, rubbing the back of his hand against his neck and looking at the ground awkwardly. "Im sorry bro."
Aiden shook his head, rolling his eyes and turning back around one of the guards following behind.

I shifted uncomfortably feeling at edge at the sudden awkwardness between the two. It confused me further not knowing what they were talking about but it was obvious Noah wanted to be anywhere but in the presence of Zack and me.

He looked around smirking, then turned back around walking away to the changing rooms his face covered by his hand which he pressed against his red cheeks.

Zack shrugged pulling my arm and leading the guard to the exist, taking out his keys and pressing the unlock button to his black Audi. The car flashed twice as he took the back seat the bouncer sitting in the drivers seat after holding the left passenger door open for me.

The guard started the car pulling out the side road and driving past the main street shops. Zack fiddled with his back strap before finally speaking, "what happened between them two?" He managed to say his eyes questioning.

I shook my head answering his question; his eyes didnt leave my face as i felt myself adjust in my seat. The drive home seemed to take longer than it should've, Zack continued tapping his foot on the floor of the car anxiously.

His dark eyes darted from one thing to the other impatience taking over him. "The deals been cancelled." He eventually spoke, tearing his gaze from the back of the drivers seat.

"Well it wasn't going anywhere so it doesn't make a difference i guess." Zack glanced at me again a smile fixing itself on his lips.

The dark circles under his eyes seemed to disappear, his face lighting up. "Lets get ice cream." He suggested speaking loud enough for the driver to hear.

                       *******************

A/N

Sorry for the late publish :'(

Like, comment and follow my account
Your support motivates me to do more! Xx