Chaper 12

*the above picture is who i imagine Charlie Kaiser to look like😍*

"You cant start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one."
-unknown

Alia

I sat on the sofa facing the TV which held the face of the news reporter, her lips moving but the only noise being the faint buzz as the volume was so low.

Noah hurriedly left saying he had important business and Zack went to get Charlie back from the den, and as the night stretched and the clock ticked i fell asleep into Calebs open arms as they enveloped me into a distant sleep

I yawned into the silence my eyes fluttering shut, allowing my dreams to finally take over and my body eventually giving in.

The chains wrapped around his strong body, digging into the stiff muscle that took him too long to build.
His hair ruffled in a mess above his head and dirt dusted the rest of his body making him look so scary but i knew he was helpless and i knew he could do nothing.
Eyes bulging and veins tensed in his forehead his fury was clearly written all over him and as the man paced the room and yelled in his face impatiently to spill the secrets, he didnt budge and just shook his head the smirk still dancing upon his mad face.

As the man took out the gun and filled it in with bullets, Aidan eyes didn't budge from the mans face even when the gun was pointed directly towards his head and then as if in a matter of seconds the man pulled the trigger and darkness flooded my view.

My eyes shot open, hair clinging to my neck, sweat soaking my shirt and breath heavy. The bed sheets were wrapped around my knees and while I struggled to untangle myself I suddenly wondered how i ended up in my room and worse, wearing nothing but a baggy hoody and shorts.

Shuffling awkwardly and bring my hair to the side of my shoulder i looked around realised i wasn't actually in my own room but instead i was in the guest room. Charlie's room.

The door was shut tight and the lights off but i could slightly make out that the en suite door was ajar and the window half open. On the floor was a blanket and from the side of me a pillow was missing which could only Charlie was sleeping somewhere else.

Getting out of the bed and stepping onto the soft padded carpet i looked around only to see Charlie on the floor, the blanket over the lower half of his body and his head on only half the pillow as he was hugging one side. I felt almost sorry for him as he lay on the floor calmly sleeping, eyes shut and mouth open the slightest.

His breath was shallow and quick, his body moving up and down on each inhalation and hair messed all over. The rest of his body was bare, his shoulders broad and heavy, the muscle under that skin relaxed but still visible. The strong jawline held faint stubble from the past two days and i couldnt help noticing a long scar pulling down one side of his face.

The scar started off deep then lessens as it came down towards his cheekbone. It wasnt stitched up or even cleaned properly and from the way he rested it was clear he was exhausted.

What did they do to him there?

I watched him stir in his sleep as i slowly creeped out of the room gently closing the door again and straining my eyes in the new light that hit me.

The hallway was empty and i tiptoed to Noahs room only to see the door wide open and the bed neatly done as if he'd never even slept there. Turning to the clock that hung upon the wall, it read 4:34am which explained the darkness from outside, but why was Noah still not home?