Chapter 6

"You close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you cant close your heart to the things you don't want to feel."- Johnny Depp

Noah

The urge passed to yell into Alis face. His annoying, overprotective attitude was becoming too much to handle, constantly hoping he'd just leave.

Saying he did it because he cared but it was clear he was just becoming controlling. Taking out the packet of cigarettes from the bedside drawer i put the rolled up piece of tobacco into my mouth and lit it up with a match, flopping back onto my bed and exhaling the smoke back out.
Closing my eyes and letting the fumes fill me, knowing it kills but feeling like it was the only solution.

A gentle knock at the door brought me back to my sense as i sat up, immediately diffusing the cigar into the ashtray i kept under the bed and straightening myself up just in time for Alia to open the door and glancing around the room.

She stopped at me, a smile resting upon her face, walking towards the en suite bathroom and opening a cabinet to take out a first aid kit.
Sitting beside me, she opened the box taking out antiseptic wipes and examined my face. "You didn't have to fight him you know." Placing the wipe carefully on the cut that swelled my bottom lip.

Pulling back and frowning slightly only to continue wiping at the cut. "He made me do it." flinching at the pressure she put onto my lip, she stopped to glare at me, the usual smile fading off her face.
"You made yourself do it." Her voice stern and brows raised as she rummaged in the box taking out a cotton bud and soaking it in some Dettol, pushing it against my face once again, my head tilting back at the force she put into it.

A tingling sensation ran through the whole left side of my face as she released the pressure; once again inspecting the rest of the cuts and bruises that camouflaged my face. "So you're saying its my fault?" Accusation crowded in my voice but Alias face didn't alter the concentrated expression that sat upon it.

Huffing back in exhaustion she spoke, "im not saying its your fault but nor am i saying you did anything right." From close up it was clear she was tired and probably overwhelmed with everything. Her eyes held bags under them, her face pale and the obvious signs of debilitation settled in every move she made.

She always seemed to have the ability to talk sense into people and somehow calm them down even with her more aggressive ways of doing so. Her voice sent ripples through my ears and even though she was obviously knackered her appearance seemed to be more gorgeous than ever.

The golden locks that spread through her hair glistened in the evening light and her high cheekbones held a subtle rosy blush. "You need to get stitches for that." She said, nodding her head towards the cut that sat just above my eye.
I nodded as the concern now left her face and she dived into my arms for a hug. "Dont scare me like that Noah." She whispered into the side of my arm as i stroked her hair with the hand that wasnt around her shoulders.

"I'm sorry baby." I whispered back knowing that i couldn't promise anything, but silently hoping i could give her the world because i knew she would've given the same back. "I'm sorry." I muttered once again.

*******************
A/N
This is a-lot shorter and im so sorry. I've finally planned a proper story line and know where this is all going ;)

comment and vote xxx