Chapter 10: Christmas Shopping

Stepping into the mall from the cold outdoors was such a relief. As the least of the frosty air hit my back, I couldn't help but smile. Christmas was just around the corner, and I was here to grab one last gift.

I'd planned to give everyone something really unique and special. So far, I'd picked up something for everyone..except Zane. It was pretty hard to shop for him, even after knowing him for so long. I wanted to get him the absolute perfect gift. That was turning out to be a challenge however.

  Nova had offered to help me shop, but I turned her down. As much as I loved spending time with her, this was something I needed to do on my own. Nova had shrugged it off, saying she'd use the time to make candy canes. Nova was making personalised batches of candy canes for everyone. It was a rather large task, but she seemed set on doing it, so what could a girl do but encourage it?

I wandered around the mall, peeking into stores and trying to get a good idea. Nothing I saw screamed "Zane" however, and I was starting to get a little frustrated. This whole thing needed to be perfect. I wanted him to feel appreciated on Christmas at the very least.

  Deciding to take a small break, I wandered into the food court. The whole place was packed full of people, and my senses became rather clouded. How could anyone stand all this noise? It was rather intimidating. Still, I picked an empty seat and sat down. Pulling out my phone, I scrolled through Teamblr. There was a lot of holiday nonsense on my feed. Some of these gifts seemed a little extra.

  And then I saw something. This one girl had gotten her best friend a shirt that read, "Property of (Random Girl). If found, please report to BestFriendFinder.com". Curious, I decided to Google the website's url. I was surprised to find that it existed. It was a website dedicated to capturong memories with your bestie. It offered shirts like the one I'd seen, but also mugs, hats, and even a whole package of best friend stuff. I looked around their sight when I saw something g truly unique.

  It was, get this, a freaking bowl and plate set with laminated pictures of you and your bestie. It was probably the cheesiest thing I'd ever seen.

I'm sure you can guess what I did next. I bought two t-shirts, the bowl and plate set, and two mugs. All with the same picture I had on my phone of Zane and I posed outside a Danny's.

  Once I'd confirmed my purchase, I got up and headed for the exit. I was confident that this would be the best gift ever.

Or at least, I hoped it was.