CHAPTER 5

I had only been running for a few seconds and I was already out of breath. It's unbelievable what a few weeks of Italian food and lounging around can do to a person. I felt a sense of déjà vu as I ran into a dead end of an alleyway. Only this time, Megan wouldn't be around to save my ass.

I halted abruptly and tried to find a way out. There was a ladder on the left wall, but it was pulled up and therefore too high to reach from down here.

There was no escaping them this time. That much was obvious. I could try to run as much as I wanted, but they would find me again right away. I was alone and I didn't have any more places to hide. So I gave up. I left my friends. At the time I thought it was brave to sacrifice myself for them. But right now I was regretting that decision more and more. And I realized that an even braver choice would have been to ask for help. To go to my friends, MY friends and to trust them, to fight with them. But these thoughts always come too late. So I give up now. I let them take me. I don't turn to look at them but I can feel them moving closer to me. I feel hands grabbing me when they finally reach me and suddenly the world is spinning around as we apparate away from here.

I land roughly and I recognize the marble floor beneath me immediately. We came to Malfoy manor. And it makes me look forward to seeing both my parents again so much that I feel like I could throw up. I only calm down when I find myself being pushed down to the dungeons. They throw me in quite roughly and I fall on the floor in a pathetic heap. They won't be long now.

I look around and I notice that I'm not the only one in here. To my utter surprise I see Looney... Luna Lovegood staring around at nothing just a few feet from me. Have my parents resorted to kidnapping now? Did they want a new platinum blonde haired kid?

"Draco Malfoy. " Luna pulls me out of my thoughts. "I never thought you would find your way down to this dungeon. " She speaks in her dreamy voice.

"Well neither did I, believe me." I reply with a hint of annoyance in my voice.

"So did anyone miss me at Hogwarts last year?" I ask somewhat bored.

"Not really. I think I saw some second years doing a joyfull dance when they heard you wouldn't be coming back."

"Well I suppose I can't blame them for not liking me." I mutter.

"I did worry for a bit. You disappeared quite suddenly. I thought you might have been helping the death eaters at first but then your face was plastered all over the newspapers saying you had a bounty on you're head. Even if you do act a bit mean to most people. I do believe you have a nicer side to you. " Luna says.

I stay silent at that. I never treated Luna well. She seemed like a nice girl despite her strange beliefs. But who am I to judge? I was raised to believe that half-bloods and mudbloods and just muggles in general were wort less than us purebloods. But in my time away these years I've seen how these people are actually more like us than I ever realized. I stopped thinking about their blood and I learned to look at the people themselves. For the rest of the time we're alone we sit in silence.