CHAPTER 8

I went to the hideout in Florence first. They weren't there anymore. Obviously. They left a note of sorts though. One word scribbled on the inside of the wooden door. Dumpster.

It might be vague to most people, but to me it was clear. It was after all behind a Dumpster in Dublin that we first encountered each other. I just hope they'll still be there. So I apparated my way there. Everything seemed normal, but still no sign of either Tom or Megan. This time I found an actual note on a piece of parchment.

'Hogwarts under attack'

They went there. They went to fight. Which means I'll have to follow them. That's what friends are for after all.

...

There was chaos at Hogwarts. I was blasting people left and right. Only Death-eaters of course. There were a lot of casualties. It seemed I had arrived quite late. The battle of Hogwarts had long begun.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain flash trough my head. And then, right after, His voice. He demanding we hand over potter or Hogwarts would be overrun. I was pretty sure that Potter stupid as he is, would go willingly, to make sure no one got hurt. I will admit his Gryffindor bravery is admirable in a sense.

While the short truce went on, the dead as well as the wounded were brought to the Great Hall. I didn't see either of my friends there so I roamed the destroyed halls.

After an eternity of searching, people started filing out to the courtyard by the bridge. I finally saw my friends below and more to the front. They were okay. I stopped on top of the stairs and I saw the death-eaters making their way across the bridge. Hagrid, he was carrying a body.

"Harry Potter is dead" Voldemort's voice boomed through the courtyard. People screaming, crying. He was asking us to join him.

My mother and father were calling out to me. They would take me back. I stepped forward, down the stairs. But I stopped when I was right in between my friends. Tom and Megan. They slung their arms around my shoulders. God I missed them. Everything would turn out okay. They smiled at me as I joined them, I smirked back.

Voldemort sneered at me and my parents both pushed to the back of the death eaters. They were fleeing like cowards. I'm glad I'm not like them anymore.

Longbottom stepped forward and the death eaters shared a good laugh with that. I was surprised he would join. But then he went and made a good-ass speech about fighting and standing up for ourselves and for Harry, whose dead body was hanging limply in Hagrid's arms. But then suddenly, Neville pulls a sword, right out of the sorting hat. And at the same time Harry's body falls to the floor. He jumps up and shoots a spell at His snake, Nagini.