CHAPTER 6

Time progressed slowly in the dungeons. There was nothing to do but sit around and wait for the next time they come and get me. They've been doing that quite often. But I did expect that. I felt weak from all the curses they threw at me just moments ago. I sat propped up against a wall to the back of the large space. Out of sight from Luna and anyone else that might come in here. Two days ago they brought in a Goblin and Olivander, the wand maker. I remember when I first got my wand. It's a good happy memory. All I had to worry about at the time was my grades and my reputation. But so much has changed since then. I actually had friends. Well I had friends for a year or so. I wonder where they are now. Are they looking for me? Would they be worried? When did they figure out I wouldn't be coming back from my short trip to the store?

Those questions don't really matter now I suppose. My future doesn't seem so bright right now. My father had been the first one to curse me. My mother had stood by the side and looked away from me. My aunt scarred me the muggle way. BLOOD-TRAITOR. In red lettering over the spot where my dark mark would have been put if I had stayed through the summer before my fifth year. To make matters worse. I believe the wound might be infected.

I heard their voices before I saw them. They came down the stairs and opened the rusty door loudly, letting it bang into the wall.

"Lumos" one said. And the dungeon was lit up with the soft blue light. The walked over to me and grabbed me again, ready to drag me upstairs again. I didn't resist. I never did. They had a loose hold on me. And suddenly I felt something, an urge inside of me. I didn't want to end like this. I wanted to live a long and happy life. I had been able to find people I could trust. People to care for. The friends I made this year were people that changed my life, changed me. Made me want to fight for them, for myself. And so I would, but I would have to play it smart. I won't throw myself into a fight like stupid Weasley would do. I would have to wait for the opportune moment. And so I let them take me upstairs once more. I could wait.