6

"Okay, so I had emailed them, and they responded back with the letter of acceptance and blah blah right. But get this, I'm going to be the apprentice to THE Min Yoongi! Can you believe it?! A born prodigy!!" I slid down the side of the couch, gradually falling off of it as I clutched my phone to my chest. My best friend Park Jimin giggled from where he sat on the arm rest.

"That's so exciting Taetae!! I'm so happy for you and hyung!" He hid his giggling with the cuff of his sweater and wiggled his body about. "I'm borderline envious. I mean, have you seen photos of Min Yoongi? He's really cute~" The blond boy trailed off, blind to the fact he was about to fall off the couch. I reached up and caught him before he could hit the floor.

"Hey!" Jimin squeaked pitifully before quickly crawling back up onto the couch. He crossed his legs and knit his brows in deep thought. His fingers fumbled with some loose threads on his sweater, and I could tell he had something going on in his mind.

I stood up from where I lied on the floor and continued to pack my belongings. I knew that come some time, Jimin's thought bubble would burst, so I didn't bother with prying. Luckily enough, following a few minutes of comfortable, albeit long feeling silence, Jimin spoke up.

"I had a thought, but I don't want to come off as that person..." I turned to face the boy who was rosy cheeked at his own thoughts. I raised a brow while placing family pictures into a box gently, "Tell me Jimin-ssi. I won't judge." I reassured the boy and smiled toward him, and the light in his eyes came back with a sparkle.

"I don't want to intrude but, I've always wanted to go to Seoul! I mean I've lived in Busan and Daegu, but Seoul? That would be so cool! But I'm afraid of going there alone. And so now that you have this opportunity, I was thinking maybe I could go with you and hyung! We could get a two bedroom apartment, and I could help with expenses and such... I promise I wouldn't be a bother! I-If you and Hyung wanted a date night in, I could go to Jungkook's!" Jimin rambled on shyly with a small voice, but his expression was loud with hope and youthful enthusiasm.

As I arranged my photos in the box, I thought deeply about it. How would Namjoon feel? I know he's rather generous, but would this inflict on our routine? I bit my lip as I closed the box, taping it securely before grabbing a marker and writing 'fragile' on every side. 

A couple minutes of silence passed and I could feel Jimin growing disheartened. I looked up to check on him, and his shoulders had slumped. I sighed inwardly and set down the box I'd been messing with. "I'll talk to Namjoon okay? I need to run this by him first. I'm sure he won't mind, but since there's more than just me involved in this, I need to be certain the consent is mutual. Alright?"

"So are you saying that you're okay with it?!" Jimin's eyes glimmered child-like, his hands pressed deep into the cushion in front of him as his bottom lifted off the seat. I chuckled, "Yes Jiminie, it's a yes from me. But let me talk to Namjoon tonight then I'll get back to you on it, okay?"

"Okay okay!!" The boy bounded from where he was positioned on the couch and leapt onto me with a tight hug, "I love you so much Taetae!! Thank you so much!! I promise if it does happen that I'll be on my best behavior!" He placed a wet kiss against my cheek as he let go of his death grip on my shoulders, "Anyways I need to get going! I'm gonna call Jungkook while I go out to eat dinner, I promised I would. Bye Taetae I love you!!"

"Have fun! I love you too Jiminie!" I wiped the slobber from my cheek and grinned immensely. The thought of having my best friends nearby excited me. I warmed up to the idea of Jimin living with Namjoon and I. If he lived with us, it would ensured more fun and comfort. We could explore the new city, a reunited band of old friends.

Feeling my chest flood with warmth, I sat down on the couch and brought out my phone. It was getting late and Namjoon wasn't home yet which was peculiar.

Just as I had gone to dial his number, I heard the door unlock and open. I stood and made my way to the entryway, peeking around the corner. I grinned upon seeing my boyfriend standing with a smile on his face, and takeout food in his hand. 

~~~~