Chapter 2

The next morning, everyone in Auradon was gathered at the courtyard. Ben was at the stand waiting for everyone to quiet down. He was going to tell everyone about bringing the kids from the Isle of the Lost to Auradon. Bella stood in the front next to her parents.

After everyone has quieted down, Ben started talking. "Citizens Of Auradon. I have come up with my first proclamation as King. I have decided to bring some of the kids from the Isle of the Lost and let them live in Auradon for a little bit." Bella heard everyone yelling and shouting.

"Everyone quiet down please." Ben said trying to settle the crowd down.

"What if they try to harm us?" Someone asked.

"We have laws against violence that they will have to abide too." Ben said. Everyone started to yell and shout again. "Everyone settle down." Ben said. "The matter has been decided. We will be bringing some of the kids here in 3 days." He got off the stage and walked off.

Later that evening, the four of them were eating dinner.

"Are you sure about this?" Adam asked his son.

"Yes father. I'm sure I want to do this." Ben said.

"But they're our enemies." Adam protested. Bella rolled her eyes. Here they go again with the fighting.

"Boys enough." Belle said.

"But their kids have done nothing. They've been forced to live on island with a barrier for something their parents did." Ben said. "They're not their parents. Don't they deserve a second chance."

"But what if they do try to hurt us." Adam asked. Bella was tired of all the fighting and arguing.

"Stop!" She said, loud enough that they would hear her. They all looked at her. A little shocked by her outburst. "Stop arguing. I don't want to hear it anymore!" Bella got up and ran to her bedroom. After dinner, Ben went to go see if Bella was ok and Adam and Belle went into the living room. They sat on the couch.

"Do you really think they deserve a second chance." Adam asked his wife.

"You of all people should understand getting a second chance." Belle said. "Let's just see what happens."

Adam sighed. "Ok." He said.

"And the arguing needs to stop, for Isabella's sake." She said. "You know she doesn't like conflict."

"Agreed." said Adam.