Chapter 7

Bella was on the Tourney field with Ben and Carlos. Ben was helping Carlos get better at Tourney.

"Ok Carlos. I'm going to time you and see how fast you can run." Ben said. "You ready?"

"Yeah." Carlos said.

"Ready, Go." Ben said. He started the stopwatch and Carlos took off. A minute later, Dude came running after him. Carlos passed them and Ben stopped the stopwatch.
"That was great, Carlos." Ben said. They saw Carlos and Dude continue to run.

"Carlos!" Ben said. "Dude, come here." Ben and Bella both ran after them. They both got to Carlos and Dude.

Bella picked up Dude. "Come here, buddy." She said. Carlos was holding onto a tree.

"Are you ok, Carlos?" Ben asked.

"Those animals are savage, rabid pack animals." He said.

"Who told you that?" Ben asked.

"My mother." Carlos said.

"He's not going to hurt you." Bella said. "Have you've met a dog before?"

"No." Carlos said.

"Carlos, meet Dude." Ben said. "He's the campus mutt."

"He doesn't look scary." Carlos said. "He actually looks kinda cute." Bella handed Dude to Carlos.

"Here." She said. "You can hold him."

"You aren't so bad." Carlos said, holding Dude.

"We'll give you two some time to know each other." Ben said. "Come find us when you guys are ready."

"Ok."  Carlos said.

"Come on, Bella." Ben said, taking Bella's hand and leading over to the Tourney field. A couple minutes later, Carlos came over to them, still holding Dude.

"Thank you, Ben." Carlos said. "For helping me with Tourney and for introducing me to Dude."

"You're welcome." Ben said. "If you want, you can keep him."

"Really?" Carlos asked.

"Yeah. You two seem to like each other." Ben said.

"Thank you." Carlos said. Ben and Bella got up from the bench and they all walked off the Tourney field.